RECIPE: Delicious Rack of Lamb with Juniper Sauce Recipe
Rack of Lamb with Juniper Sauce
2 racks of lamb (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons whole juniper berries, crushed
2 tablespoons water mixed with 4 teaspoons cornstarch
juniper berry basting sauce:
Â½ cup regular-strength beef broth
Â½ cup dry red wine
reserved garlic, minced or pressed
1 tablespoon whole juniper berries
1. Rub all surfaces of meat with garlic, reserve garlic for use in basting sauce.
2. Make juniper berry basting sauce: In a small pan, heat together beef broth, wine, reserved garlic, and juniper berries. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Combine salt, pepper, and crushed juniper berries; sprinkle over meat and with your hands, press seasonings into all surfaces.
4. Place roast fat side up, side by side, in a single layer in roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, in a 350Â°F oven for 20 minutes, then brush with juniper berry basting sauce. Continue roasting, basting 3 or 4 times, for 20-25 minutes longer or until the thermometer registers 145Â°F for medium rare. Place meat on a platter to keep warm.
5. Skim and discard fat form drippings. Measure remaining basting sauce; then add enough water to make 2 cups. Pour into drippings and stir to free browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add water and cornstarch mixture, stir into boiling sauce, return to a boil, stirring.
6. Serve sauce to be spooned individually onto carved portions of lamb.
Recipe courtesy of: http://exoticmeats.com/
Here is a link that might be useful: Exotic Meats Website