Nisa Jadestone

momonjavaApril 25, 2011

Good afternoon...has anyone either installed or considered this material? Seems as though it's the answer to a prayer: stainproof, heat resistant, impact resistant, doesn't need sealing, available matte finish which doesn't seem to show streaks or fingerprints. It passed a number of tests with flying colors and won some sort of award at a recent countertop convention. It's brand new and there's very little information on the Internet. A KD pointed me to this and I was able to get a small sample (which I have to return, otherwise I'd try to abuse it). It's pretty and the photos look lovely as far as I can tell (the website isn't very good). Thanks for any insights!

http://nisajade.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

Only 10 year warranty?

Four colors?

Looks like very limeted availability to select markets.

What is the cost? Tried to google it but can't seem to find it.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 2:57PM
momonjava

Yeah...it's strange that there are only 4 colors. But the graphite is really beautiful and the name is an apt descriptor as it is exactly the color of pencil lead. Ballpark quote was $8/sf installed but that was an off-the-cuff estimate. There are only a limited number of outlets carrying the stone, but the KD firm I've been working with just got their own set of samples from a rep so I gather they're branching out.

The stone fabricator says that he's installed the white in a couple of kitchens and the owners are happy. Never the graphite though. I might pick up the phone and call around to some other outlets.

As for the 10 year warranty: Silestone's is 15 years, Zodiaq is 10 and Caesarstone has just begun offering limited lifetime (was 10 years). So this does not seem too far off the mark.

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 5:32PM
momonjava

oops of course I mean $80/sf. What planet am I on anyway??!!

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 6:17PM
deeageaux

I googled white nisa jade stone.

One of the links I got was alibaba with a list of Chinese manufacturers making white "jade stone" for vanities, countertops, and furniture.

Also got 5 hits on youtube posted by "nisajadestone."

It was Chinese guys fabricating the stone in a very basic shop.

I take it this Nisa Jadestone is not the same stuff as on the alibaba.com site?

This is not made in China for $80/sq ft?

Made in the USA?

Bookmark   April 25, 2011 at 7:42PM
DoradoCat

I know these postings are from a long time ago but Nisa Jadestone is available through Dorado Soapstone at www.doradosoapstone.com. Just give us a call.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dorado Soapstone

Bookmark   August 11, 2014 at 1:56PM
More Discussions
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
2LittleFishies Yellow Kitchen Reveal- Part DEUX!!!
***THIS IS PART 2 OF MY REVEAL THREAD IN CASE THERE...
2LittleFishies
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™