Have you tried the new Triscuit crackers series?

ravencajun Zone 8b TXMay 8, 2013

I saw the new series at Kroger the other day and decided to try some. I got the brown rice baked with sweet potatoes and roasted sweet onions. I wasn't very hopeful but I was very surprised. I really like them. I don't eat crackers often and prefer a whole grains version when I do, which these are . These were excellent.
They have several flavors including red beans, tomatoes and basil and more all with brown rice . I have only tried the one with sweet potatoes.
I am only commenting on my personal feelings and not on the nutritional values. It is strictly taste based, I would try them again and would like to try the other flavors. Anyone else tried any?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foggyj

I agree with your assessment! Much better than the "original" ones. I would buy them again.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 9:26PM
pammyfay

I'm not sure if this is one of the newest flavors, but there's one with dill, and it was yucky. I threw the box out. I haven't seen brown rice varieties yet (trying to stay out of the crackers and cookies aisle!).

I like the olive oil and cracked pepper ones, tho.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 1:08AM
bigfoot_liz

I got the Brown Rice w Salt & cracked Pepper last week. I tried them last weekend and thought they were pretty good, my DH did also, but I missed the texture of the plain (I get the low-fat version). I LOVE the plain wheat w dips, thou it is probably only a handful of times I have crackers during the year. I am interested in using new products made that allow you to avoid wheat. I am not intolerant of wheat just want to limit my intake of it. I got a rice flour pasta few weeks ago I haven't had time to try yet. I did see the sweet potato version and will get that for this weekend for my DH, he eats anything w sweet potatoes. It's a nice change ~ liz

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 7:56AM
rob333

Thanks for your assessment, I was wondering!

So does anyone know why the rice route? It's not replacing the wheat, right? It's not like they're trying to be gluten free.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:00AM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

They're trying to capitalize on the healthier foods market. I'm not sure that these crackers qualify, but they sure sound tasty!

I like the original version, too....especially the low fat version as Liz does. I know that I will try one of these new flavors one of these days.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:12AM
angelaid

Tried a couple of the new flavors. With stick with the Original. Love Triscuits!

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:14AM
mammie15

I bought the Brown Rice with Salt & Cracked Pepper and loved it.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 12:15PM
lily316

I'll try them. They sound good. I had the olive oil/ cracked pepper ones which I liked.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 12:19PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I love the baby bell cheese especially the original red one, and the white lite, and it goes really good with the Triscuit.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 7:51PM
lily316

I bought the sweet potato /onion one tonight which I haven't tried yet.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 2:07AM
ruthieg__tx

Raven how do they effect your diabetes?

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 9:17AM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I don't eat crackers often so these I use with the cheese as one of my mid day snacks or my before bed snack, I have not had any problems at all with them upping my numbers but I don't sit and eat a whole box either LOL
Moderation is the mantra!

I do like that it has less wheat content since it has the brown rice but is still a whole grain product.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 11:58AM
More Discussions
Has anyone ever shipped a car?
I'm thinking of selling my car to my sister, but she...
uxorial
Airline pilots and antidepressants
As of five years ago, airline pilots are allowed to...
Alisande
DO NOT CALL ME
Here's the National Do-Not-Call Phone Number: 888 382...
vicsgirl
Trying to give up diet soda.
Do y'all have any suggestions what I can replace those...
moonie_57
Jublia
Does anyone use Jublia for toenail fungus? I hear...
jenson13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™