Bra Purchase (not)

patty2430May 7, 2013

If this subject has already been posted recently, I apologize, but was pretty clueless until today. Went shopping today, and decided it was time to invest in a new bra or two. Went into Lingerie, and began looking at my favorite brand....wait, no numbered sizes, just S, M, L...what??! When did this happen? I know I've been putting off a purchase for a long time, but, what is happening to our individual sizes? Anyone out there using a S/M/L? Like it or not? Can we/should we complain to the manufacturers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones

I just went shopping for new bras - did not see s/m/l choices - just actual cup sizes and midriff measurements offered. Where were you shopping?

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:17PM
redcurls

Just bought two online last week...arrived today. They were sold as always. (38C)

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:23PM
LuAnn_in_PA

Where were you shopping? What brand is that?

I just bought some, by band and cup... just as always.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:48PM
wifetojoeiii

I went a couple of weeks ago & I also saw the S,M,L sizing. i tried them but did not like them & went back to conventional sizing - 32, 34 etc & A, B, C etc cup sizes

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:56PM
Jodi_SoCal

Sounds like a sports bra sizing.

Jodi-

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:56PM
nanny98

Bought a new one(ugh) two days ago (ugh, again) does not fit. Same old sizing....can't believe that two months with a broken shoulder and not wearing a bra can change your size so much. (of course the remaining extra 'lump' on my breast from the fall, does not help)

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:07PM
pammyfay

There is a brand out there that has that sizing -- my sister picked up a few at Kohls. It's called "Barely There." They had both underwire and non, and there were colors beyond black and beige. She likes them. Maybe because they have a bit more stretch to them?

Just once I want to find a really good one and, when I want to buy more, find them again. It takes me a few weeks to figure out whether it's truly wearable or just bearable.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 12:45AM
chisue

I DESPERATELY need new bras but know how exasperating it is to find them. I'm down to two that are easily ten years old and two that are newer, but don't fit right -- even after finding a bra extender, thanks to help from the KT.

I don't want a bra with a liner -- have too much of 'me' already. I've thrown out non-underwires in the past. I just DREAD the exhaustion of trying, trying, trying on bras!

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 12:06PM
wifetojoeiii

Chisue -

I have worn Bali bras for years and I love them. I recently lost 85 pounds & went from a 40DD to a 38D and I think my "final" size is 36C - I bought 3 different Bali bras 3 weeks ago in this size. They are all underwire & do not have padding - I don't like padding at all.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 1:05PM
two25acres

If you don't mind trying online shopping visit HerRoom.com. You search by size, style etc. and the reviews do help.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:17PM
chisue

hostapasta -- Thanks for reminding me of Bali. I am 'all front' and 'no back'. I used to wear Bali and will look them up again! I really don't know what size I am anymore. I'm still 36", but no longer a DD. My two ancient bras are Vanity Fair -- remnants from a supply of six.

The only thing worse that buying a bra is buying a swimsuit! I wouldn't dare trying this online, but thanks for the reply, two.25acres.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:35PM
sjerin

I have a thing for cotton and for the last 8 to 10 years have been buying bras from Target, a Platex that is hung on a hanger rather than stuffed in a box and is mostly cotton. There is an underwire and I feel they are very comfortable. The cotton is not thin as some, so I feel it gives enough coverage. I don't care for the padded type since I don't like the idea of those chemicals next to my skin. :)

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Thurs Feb 26
A Bearded Seal I saw yesterday. Not common in these...
caseynfld
I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours Tues Feb 24
Staircase (looking up) at my sister's condo building....
caseynfld
My 600 lb Life
I have been watching this program the past few weeks,...
enjoyingspring
How do I make an avatar?
kathyg_in_mi
Ziplocs with sliders
Whoever invented them, I'm grateful. I use a lot of...
lucillle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™