RECIPE: A couple cookies i made this weekend!

bela67December 22, 2008

Yum these worked out great and will be on the must make list for next time too.. these were on the allrecipes site.

Cranberry Orange Cookies

INGREDIENTS

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1/2 cup packed brown sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon grated orange zest

2 tablespoons orange juice

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups chopped cranberries

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

ICING

1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest

3 tablespoons orange juice

1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 teaspoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.

These were on the bonappetit website and excellent as well.. hard to give away : ) i had crystalized ginger and was looking for a recipe and found these.

Dark and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Crystallized ginger makes these a little different. It's available, already chopped, in the spice section of many supermarkets.

INGREDIENTS

2 2/3 cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips, divided

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter

2 large eggs

1/2 cup (packed) golden brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3/4 cup self-rising flour

1/2 cup cup chopped crystallized ginger

3 1/2 oz high-quality white chocolate(such as Lindt or Perugina), very coarsely chopped

PREPARATION

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir 2 cups chocolate chips with butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth; cool 10 minutes. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Beat in melted chocolate mixture and vanilla, then flour. Stir in ginger and remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips; let stand 10 minutes.

Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets, spacing cookies 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Press white chocolate pieces into top of cookies, dividing equally. Bake until cookies look puffed and slightly dry on top, about 13 minutes. Cool cookies on sheets.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

The 2nd one looks especially good. Thanks for posting them.

Bookmark   December 22, 2008 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
mollyjanea
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™