RECIPE: Orange Jalapeno Jelly or Jam

retsecDecember 29, 2011

Does anyone have a recipe for orange jalapeno jelly or jam or could use tangerine, mandarin, or satsuma. I have tried the blueberry jalapeno and would love to try the orange jalapeno. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I would just follow any recipe for marmalade and add jalapenos before cooking....but be aware that it won't be very hot after cooking....if you want it hot add a couple of habaneros.
Linda c

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 4:40PM
retsec

Thanks, that's what I thought of doing but don't know how many peppers to use. I don't want it too hot, just mostly to have the pepper flavor.

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 9:38PM
lindac

Add a seeded japapeno for every 1/2 cup or orange stuff....pulp and rind.
Try making a recipe with some jalapenos....next time you will know if you need more and can post your findings.....and we will all be wiser!

Bookmark   December 30, 2011 at 10:46PM
retsec

I did make the Satsuma Orange Jalapeno Pepper Jelly today. If it gels I will post the recipe. It is pretty runny right now but some recipes say it will take two weeks to set. Does taste real good though. Thanks for all the information.
Nancy

Bookmark   January 4, 2012 at 8:46PM
prmjr56

I make citrus jellies all the time and I have found that you can not follow the directions on the surejell or liquid pecton boxes. The only way for the jelly to set is to change the order of the boiling. I add the box of surejell for the first boil ( 2 minute rolling boil ) and then I add the sugar for the second ( 2 minute rolling boil depending on how hot your stove is ). My jellies set once they cool.

Paul

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 3:15PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™