LOOKING for: Spiral Ham..Like Honey baked Ham Company

eileenlaunonenDecember 13, 2008

I havent made a ham in years (DH kids hate it...go figure) Years ago we had one sent from Honey Baked Ham Company and it was delicious. Christmas Eve we are going to my sisters (most of you know we will not be going to the inlaws Italian Feast...wiping tears away thinking of the food) so we end up that we arent into doing much being the circumstances this year but sis and I bought some frozen appetizers at BJ's we now find that some of our immediate family will be stopping in throughout the course of the evening. So besides appetizers I figure ill put out some swiss,mustard bakery rye bread and a 1/4 or 1/2 spiral ham. Christms day is a big feast of Italian food and we have aprrox 30 for dinner. I went on HBH Company's website and boy are they expensive! So I figure I can do this myself for a fraction of the cost..so my question is.... What do I buy and where do I buy one and how do I replicate there recipe or something similar! Thanks in advance....Oh yeh....Is there a brand in the supermarket that is precut into spirals?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Most supermarkets have spiral cut ready to eat hams this time of the year....I happen to like Smithfield but there are others.
Then put that ham, shank down cut side up ( I am trusting you won't be buying a whole ham) into a dish with sides and pour honey over it and onto the cut side.....even open up the spirals where it's cut and put some in there.
Teh ham will absorb the honey....and repeat.....and perhaps a third time.
Then place that ham in a roasting pan, cut side down! and heat at 325, covered or wrapped in floi until it's just heated through...for maybe a 6 pound ham that would be about an hour.
Don't over bake or all the honey will leak out.
Enjoy!
Linda c

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 10:00AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
Sponsored Products
New Hand Knotted Rust & Navy Heriz Serapi 8x10 Antiqued Oriental Wool Rug H3665
BH Sun Inc
Crystorama 4842-CT Josie Wall Sconce - 13W in. - Champagne Green Tea - 4842-CT
$218.00 | Hayneedle
Deluxe Beehive Stair Rod Finials - Set of 2
Signature Hardware
Satin Nickel Centerset Bathroom Faucet
Overstock.com
Somerset Outdoor Bench with Cushion, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE