Major WOOT!

teresa_nc7August 5, 2012

I successfully re-threaded my serger tonight! WooT! It's been years since I had to do this and I wasn't sure I could get it right....but I did! WooT WooT! I was sooooo happy!

Teresa (doin' the serger shuffle off to bed)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindaoh_gw

Way to go Teresa! I haven't threaded mine for years but I don't think I am as intimidated by it now as I was when I first bought it in 1988.
Linda OH

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:40AM
magothyrivergirl

Thank goodness for the threading diagram with different colors for each thread path on mine~I have to remember to flip open a little door to follow it ~lol~
Instinctively, sewers are able to thread sewing machines....but a serger is a beast to thread.

What'cha making Teresa?

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 8:58AM
K8Orlando

Good for you! I don't have one so they look like a complete mystery to me. A real challenge and lots of spots to go wrong!

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 9:04AM
teresa_nc7

When I first got my Brother serger, my friend made me sit down and re-thread several times so I would be more comfortable with it. It's nice to know I can still do it.

I'm making 3 smocks for a custom Etsy order - they're for a kindergarten teacher. I'm pleased with how they are turning out. The serger use on some of the seams will help to keep the fraying at bay.

Teresa

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 9:40AM
littlehelen_gw

Teresa...I'd love to see a pic of the smocks w/ the sergering when you wrap up...or can I find your work on Etsy?
V.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 1:29PM
teresa_nc7

Here is a pic of one of the smocks I'm making for my customer.

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:11PM
dan_the_mailman

Teresa, I don't think I'd ever be able to give up that much control over what I'm sewing, so kudoes to you for even using a serger! And you're even threading the darn thing? Woot, woot indeed!

Dan

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 3:56PM
quiltnhen

Lucky teacher. Looks great! Never tried to thread a serger. Used one a couple of times, but it scared me that it cuts...means no turning back!

Bookmark   August 5, 2012 at 11:58PM
polardreams

Teresa - I bow down to you! Mine came unthreaded and has been sitting for a couple years. I really needed it for something - can't remember now what it was (guess I didn't need it that badly!) and still can't figure it out with the book. I even went into JoAnns where they sell them, and they had NO IDEA how to thread it! Maybe will give it a try again ...

Sue

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 8:03PM
magothyrivergirl

Nice smock Teresa. Looks like something a kindergartner Teacher would wear. I like the loop detail at the yoke.
You were wise to serge the seams, as I'm sure it will be laundered often.

Bookmark   August 6, 2012 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Wahoo and Thank You
Thank you so much to all that submitted blocks from...
ibquiltn4fun
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™