RECIPE: central european cooking

valcsNovember 19, 2009

hi, i have started a central european cooking blog in english. i would like to know if it appeals to the english speaking world. would you try any of them? do you find these recipes too "fatty"? thanx a lot

site is at

http://www.emperorscrumbs.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Emperors Crumbs Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselin32

I just took a look at your blog and it looks very interesting and very well done. Several years ago we went to Budapest for Christmas and had a delightful time eating our way thru the open air market there. I have book marked your site and will be glad to try some of your recipes when I can get all of the ingredients...any suggestions as to what you could substitute for the Hungarian sausage?
One thing we did come away from there with was a love for the Paprika Cream that they put on their bread....I do order it here. Good luck with your blog.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 10:03AM
annova914

I like your blog and your recipes. A few weeks ago I made lentil soup (the Barefoot Contessa's recipe) for the first time and we enjoyed it (but I used turkey kielbasa, Hillshire brand, and it is quite tasty :) So I certainly want to try your lentil soup (it *looks* more attractive than mine). Years ago I made noodles with sauted cabbage (that I sprinkled sugar on) and loved it. I'll be checking on your blog for new recipes to try and I wish you the best as you move to San Francisco (lucky you!!). Ann

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 1:48PM
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Enjoyed the blog very much and have saved to my favorites for future viewing.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 8:12PM
valcs

thank you very much. your comments give us motivation to continue.
as a substitute for Hungarian sausage you should try spicy (not hot, but peppery) hot-dogs. when i was in CA during the summer i found turkey hot-dogs. It is not the same as the real Hungarian stuff but it works ok. Also the Hungarian sausages I mention are basically dried paprika sausages. Try some Italian delis they might have something similar. When we move to us I will try to find substitutes for CE ingredients and I will write about it (i am a crazy man, i love to shop for food... and also wash dishes ;) ).

Here is a link that might be useful: Emperors Crumbs Blog

Bookmark   November 21, 2009 at 2:29AM
lisbet

I, also, am extremely interested. Will certainly be a follower of "Emperor's Crumbs"!! Thank you !

Bookmark   December 10, 2009 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™