LOOKING for: A Mexican Orange Pork Loin?

tannabananaNovember 6, 2008

Hello all, I'm hoping that you can help me out. Years ago I spent a month with a family in Mexico City, MX. At a family gathering there was this pork dish served. It was slices of pork loin and it had the most wonderful orange sauce on top of it. It was absolutely delicious! I've been trying to recreate this recipe for over two years now and have not come even close. I believe there was citrus in the sauce and the color was orange which leads me to believe that it had some kind of orange in it but I'm not 100 percent certain. I've asked my "Mexican sister" for it but it is her aunt's recipe and apparently she had difficulty translating it into English...lol - or she didn't want to take the time! I'd appreciate any ideas that you may have!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paddy_99

Try doing a google search for "pork loin in sour orange sauce" I am assuming that the sauce was probably sour oranges and not regular orange juice.

Bookmark   November 6, 2008 at 11:48AM
paddy_99

It is possible that what you are looking for is called Lechon Asado. I do not know how to post the link but if you will go to www.bbqu.net and look under the pork recipes you will find a recipe plus a substitute for the sour orange juice.

Bookmark   November 6, 2008 at 12:03PM
tannabanana

Thanks for your help! I found this recipe that looks promising from foodnetwork.com

[url]http://www.foodnetwork./recipes/ask-aida/roast-pork-loin-with-sour-citrus-sauce-recipe/index.html[/url]

but this one also sounds like it would be similar (the one above just wouldn't have the tangy sweetness I remember)

[url]http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/porkavocadoleaves.asp[/url]

I went ahead and made the sauce to the gourmetsleuth.com recipe and it is VERY similar. I'll give the foodnetwork.com one a chance too...

Bookmark   November 6, 2008 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Christmas Tree coffee cake
DH here... My mother used to make a coffee cake for...
dawninva
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
LOOKING for: Paprika bacon?
Mu husband brought home a 1# slab piece of paprika...
spyro
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Sponsored Products
Zuo Twin Peaks Distressed Wood Counter Stool
Euro Style Lighting
Geometric Maize/Cream Tufted Pile Rug by Thomas Paul
$390.00 | Lumens
Franklin Corner Sectional (2 piece) - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture
Terra Oushak Rug 6' x 9' - BLUE/RUST
$2,529.00 | Horchow
Hamal Rectangular Double-Bowl Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware