A funny thing happened in the grocery store.....

teresa_nc7July 2, 2012

So, I've been thinking about what kind of pieced border to put on this baby Shoo Fly quilt I'm making....and ....maybe some bees or dragonflies embroidered in the corners would add a subtle embellishment. Then I'm in the grocery store tonight reaching for a box of tissues and..... there is one (store brand) with colorful dragonflies on the box! A ready made pattern to copy! No google search needed!

Don't you love it when serendipity happens?

Teresa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toolgranny

I do. I often walk into a building and see a pattern in floor tile or parquet and take a picture. I have pictures of signs and even buildings. If my kids ever look at the pictures on my laptop, they'll think it was dementia.

But now I have my inspiration clothesline so I can just print things and pin them up with my miniature clothespins. Thank you Teresa.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 9:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

Funny you mentioned the "inspiration" clothesline.....after surviving the whole house paint job this past Jan/Feb, I was ready to put my sewing room back together and at one point I decided not to put up the clothesline. But I eventually did string it up between the two bookcases/stash cases and now I'm glad I did. I put my important notes and vital don't-lose-this things to hang on the line and it has saved my sanity more than once.

Teresa

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™