Experience with Honed Pebble Ceasarstone

kristieschultzApril 13, 2013

After changing my mind twice about my countertop selection, I am now considering getting Honed Pebble Ceasarstone and am concerned about etching, staining issues. Can you post any pictures you have of it and let me know how the maintenance has been? Also, if you have the glossy, I would love to see it installed and get opinions because I may just go with the glossy if I decide against the honed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lori_inthenw_gw

Was considering the same, so curious to see any responses as well. Our designer warned us off the honed based on the bad experience of a previous client and told us to read the company's disclaimer on the honed option. We'll probably just go with polished.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 5:23PM
live_wire_oak

It is more difficult to clean as it's surface texture "grabs" dirt and oil. Be sure to get a sample and test whether or not you can live with it or not.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 5:46PM
annsch

Here is our glossy pebble. It's been in since last August. No problems and easy maintenance.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 6:18PM
DCkitchen13

My uncle, a builder, recently installed honed Pebble in his own gorgeous new house. My aunt mentioned that they had to sign off on something agreeing that they wouldn't hold Caesarstone liable for wear because of the honed surface. So with my own kitchen, we are going with regular polished. (We have little kids.) But I can say that their counters are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen, I love, love, loved them, and they are what convinced me to go with quartz. I say, if you keep a really neat kitchen, go for it.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 9:43PM
kristieschultz

Thanks for the comments. I, too, think I will go with polished because I certainly don't want to spend that much money for something that is going to look worn etc. If I was going to get something like that, I would pay alot less and buy some beautiful, natural, white marble with dark veining. I'm sure the honed ceasarstone looks good too tho but I just can't deal with that kind of wear and tear. No way!!! I think polished is the way to go. Annsch, I like how your countertop and white cabinets turned out. what color floor did you do???? I would love to see more pictures as I am trying to coordinate colors and so far am set on the white backsplash, pebble glossy top, white cabinets and am contemplating a lighter grey floor.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 10:28PM
annsch

The floors are fir with a natural finish. I recently had pictures taken by our builder for his profile on HOUZZ. Look for Burlingame kitchen. We have Caesarstone Blizzard for the island.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of my kitchen

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
Granite Countertop seam question
I have a new construction house on contract. The granite...
sega_102
Help on Cabinet Approach / Selection
Hi, I've actively scoured the forum for useful tidbits...
fshine
Soapstone in the Midwest/St. Louis area?
Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for the past year,...
designsaavy
What are your thoughts on Ikea Sektion base cabinets?
I've commented here over and over that since this little...
benjesbride
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Sponsored Products
Walker Leather Chair - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Illuminating Experiences | Carre A Wall Sconce
$383.25 | YLighting
Crystorama Abigail Mini Chandelier - 18W in. Gold Leaf - 4715-GL
$398.00 | Hayneedle
Priage Green Tea 12-inch Twin-size Memory Foam Mattress
Overstock.com
Crystorama Sutton Chandelier - 28W in. Venetian Bronze & Clear - 5026-VB-CL-MWP
$450.99 | Hayneedle