RECIPE: Lemon Supreme Pie (Baker's Square)

taftNovember 28, 2006

I was in a Baker's Square restaurant over the weekend and tried the Lemon Supreme Pie. It was very tasty. I'm looking for a recipe so I can make this myself and so far I've found this one, but if anyone has a good recipe for a Lemon pie with a cream cheese layer I would like to try yours too. Recipe from CooksRecipe.com:

The combination of the cream cheese and tart lemon makes this a wonderful pie!

1 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (see recipe)

Lemon Filling:

1 1/2 cups sugar

6 tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cups water

2 tablespoons butter

2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

2/3 cup fresh lemon juice

Cream Cheese Filling:

2 packages (one 8-ounces and one 3-ounces) cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup powdered sugar

1 1/2 cups non-dairy whipped topping

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Line unbaked and unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450*F (230*C) for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water; bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cool and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring, if desired. Gently stir in lemon juice, careful not to over mix. cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. fold in whipped topping an lemon juice. Refrigerate 1/2 cup for garnish. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture into shell; top with lemon filling. Chill overnight. Place reserved cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe stars onto pie. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodie2

Thanks for the recipe, I just love anything lemon! I don't have a similar recipe but one of my favorites (taste and ease of prep) is Tracey's Lemon Sponge Pie. Since I'm out of pumpkin pie (finally, LOL) I think I need to make something lemon!

Posted by TRACEYS (My Page) on Wed, Jul 16, 03 at 9:36
I use my moms pie crust recipe that uses lard but you can use whatever you prefer. If I can make a pie anyone can.

LEMON SPONGE PIE

1 9" pie shell unbaked
2 Tablespoons flour
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 Cup sugar
2 Eggs separated
1/8 Teaspoon salt
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 Cup milk

Beat egg whites until stiff.
Combine butter, egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and zest, and sugar then and in flour and beat(I usually just use a whisk). Add milk and mix well. Fold in egg whites and pour into pie shell.

Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees. Turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake for additional 30 minutes.

Bookmark   December 1, 2006 at 11:43AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Oven Canned Tomatoes
Since 1974 I've used this recipe to process/can my...
CrazyHorse2
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
RECIPE: simple cabbage preparation
I'm looking for one or more simple ways to prepare...
melissa_thefarm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™