QOTD July14th 2011

vicky4x4July 13, 2011

If you knew you could only make one last quilt project, for whatever reason, what would it be? Who would you give it to?

If I could only do one more project it would have to be the one I'm working on, my Tree of Life Quilt and I would still keep it for my husband and my bed. It is scrappy and I have little half square triangles from all over the world. Then I would laid in the bed and just look at all the different fabrics and reminisce.

Vicky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

Mine would be a quilt I've been planning since the mid-1990s. I know it will be sort of a landscape quilt in the sense that it depicts a scene but not exactly sure how I want to do it. I've been collecting fabric for it on every vacation for years and years. The name of the quilt is Dakota Skies and it will show the golden wheat fields and fabulous skies of my home state. I even have some great border fabric in golds and greens that will be perfect... if I can ever decide how I want to make it! It's so important to me to get this one right.

Kate

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 9:09PM
nanajayne

I would like to do a postage stamp quilt with all the fabics from my stash and then I would know that a part of me was in every piece. I would leave it to one of my children but now sure which one. As my oldest is having her BD Fri. I guess I will say Robin.

Bookmark   July 13, 2011 at 11:50PM
cannahavana

I would do either Mariner's Compass Quilt by Judy Mathieson or a Celtic quilt and give it to my daughter. At age 9, she already understands fabric addiction and the constant drive to be creative! Her stash is growing and my husband is getting nervous.

Rebecca

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 9:20AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I would finish up Uncle J's Tie quilt for my aunt.....

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 9:48AM
toolgranny

I guess I'd have to say something for my own bed in bright batiks and fine piecing. I have yet to do something for a bed except grandchildren's and would love to redo a bedroom with a new quilt as the color focus.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
My Mom's cross-stitch bookmark
I took a brief break from quilting the last 2 weeks...
quiltingfox
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™