Inspection day & update on picking an agent post
It is really kind of stressful sitting here while the inspector combs thru your house, knowing he has "the key" to whether or not your house sells. Even though we know nothing is wrong, it still makes you nervous. This guy hasn't said one word.
UPDATE from our previous thread about trying to decide on an agent: We went with agent #3 based on her personality, experience, her preparation & her plan to sell. It didn't hurt that she lives close to us & knows the neighborhood very well.
We listed the house Monday 6/28 - it hit MLS Tuesday 6/29. We had 2 showings: 6/30 & 7/1. Got a very strong offer on July 2. After very little negotiation, we signed papers 7/6.
We are selling for $40K more than Agent #1's suggested list price.
There were 3 houses for sale on our street. The sales price is $25K less than one (it is overpriced - even we knew that - and has been on the market over a year) and $100K less than a MUCH bigger house that listed a few weeks before us. So agents 2 & 3 were right on the money with a good, fair list price to generate a quick sale without giving it away.
So - we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed - but MAN-O-MAN we've got a lot to do. If all goes well, closing is set for August 6.
My advice for people looking for a realtor is similiar to the advice we got in the other post: gut feeling goes a long way. But we got really lucky with timing & the right buyer for our property just happened to need to relocate quickly.
Fingers crossed that it closes. If not, there's a 2nd party ready to offer. They did not want to get into a bidding war & opted to wait to see how it shakes out.