List of Questions for Realtors
I am planning on interviewing real estate agents early next month. I have picked 3 agents based on some data analytics from the MLS sales. I picked them based on what their houses sold for based on %/Assessment, %/Orig Listing, and DOM. Plus I looked at their listing to see if they listed any similar to ours.
First I am going to email them next week and let them know the status. Carpet being installed on 8/1 and closet doors to be installed the following week. At this time I plan to ask them in they have any "Coming Soon" options to get it listed but not shown yet.
Here is what I plan to ask during our interviews:
1. Where do they advertise besides MLS? Facebook? Craigslist?
2. Do you do featured listings on Realtor.com, Zillow or others?
(I of course know that MLS listing automatic pull to Realtor, Zillow, Redfin et al)
3. What is your preferred contact method with your sellers? Phone, Email?
4. Do local agents do Broker's Open Houses or Caravans? If so would we be included.
5. Will you hold an Open House?
6. Professional photographer or what type of camera? How many pictures would you post?
7. I have registered a domain for the house address and can set up a web page. Any problems?
8. I would like a QR Code on the sign and/or flyers.
9. How will you come up with a price?
(I know what I did, be interesting to see what they say)
10. Is there anything you think MUST be done prior to listing?
11. House is old, and we assume the home inspector will pick it apart. What are you feelings about home inspection negotiations?
12. Should we have the house appraised prior to listing? Can that appraisal be used by the seller?
(Yeah, I know what the correct answer for this is)
13. Should we offer a Home Warranty?
Anything else you think I should ask?