LOOKING for: Canning Cayanne Peppers

olebudOctober 17, 2011

Does anyone can Cayanne Peppers?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sandy0225

I pickle them like jalapenos. Here's the recipe

Easy Pickled Peppers
Use habaneros, Jalapenos, pepperoncini, hot banana peppers, serranos, cayenne, whatever you wish for this easy recipe. Enjoy summers' goodness during the winter on your nachos, salads, etc.

Ingredients

jalapenos
vinegar
water
pickling salt
canning jars and lids and rings
Directions

Wash jalapenos,slice if desired. If using whole, just wash them well, and cut a little slit in the side of the peppers for the vinegar to go inside, or cut the very point off. Put prepared peppers loosely (don't press down) in canning jars, leaving 2 inches of headspace. Check your jars for nicks along the top edge of the neck, if they have any chips, those jars will not seal. Any like that will have to be stored in the refrigerator. 2
mix white vinegar and water, 50% vinegar and 50% water together. If you're filling a quart jar of peppers, use 1/2 a quart of each. mix together and then fill to 1/2 inch below top of jar.
add 1 tbls salt per quart jar
leave lid off and put in microwave on high for 5 minutes.
using potholders, remove from microwave, wipe off top of jar so it's perfectly clean, and quickly apply new screw on lid and band.
they will seal and its fast and easy peppers are crisp. Wait three weeks before tasting. If any jars do not seal, store them in the refrigerator and use them first-after waiting three weeks for flavor to develop.

Bookmark   November 7, 2011 at 6:10PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
mollyjanea
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™