indiasnowdenApril 22, 2013

I am thinking of buying rtacabinetstore cabinets for my kitchen. They use plastic cam-locks. I put together a homestyle kitchen island using metal cam-locks which I decided to use in my future master walk-in closet instead. It has been two years and daily abuse and I am very pleased with how sturdy the metal cam-lock system has turned out. Does anyone know a source for metal cams?

I would like to switch the plastic ones for metal. My house value at this point in time does not allow for expensive cabinets. And seeing how my flat pack homestyle kitchen island turned out I am okay with cam-locks but prefer the metal ones.

Anyone know a source for these? Thanks in advance if you can help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Try Rockler hardware - their service is good, and their range of stuff is amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: cam lock

    Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 2:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I bought my cabs from Scherr's, and they used metal camlocks of seemingly very high quality; however, I cannot remember the brand. They are very friendly -- you could try giving them a call and asking whose camlocks they use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scherr's RTA

    Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 10:45AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™