RECIPE: Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup
Seeing Nancy's good looking Hamburger Soup post reminded me of the one I've been making and having for breakfast lately. It's soooo good.
Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe (Clone)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 to 3/4 lb chicken breast filets
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic -- pressed
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa harina
3 cups water
1 cup enchilada sauce
16 ounces Velveeta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
shredded cheddar cheese
crumbled corn tortilla chips
pico de gallo
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side. Set chicken aside.
2. Add onions and garlic to pot and sautÃ©Â over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent. Add chicken broth.
3. Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended. Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
4. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot. Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
6. Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips, and pico de gallo.