looking for: looking for strawberry lemon tart

sflindaSeptember 10, 2007

I recently downsized houses and somehow lost some cookbooks.(Goodwill) This particular recipe was in a Best of Sunset that goes back even further than the archives at Sunset.com It was called something like "shooting star strawberry-lemon tart"

The strawberries were cooked, then added to a pie tart. Then the lemon curd was swirled into the top, hence the shooting star effect. Of course now that it's lost my family insists that this was their favorite. Thanks in advance for any help. linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

This is from findarticles.com which is pop-up hell so here it is:
Shooting Star Strawberry-Lemon Curd Pie

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel

1/2 cup lemon juice

1 cup sugar

3 large eggs

Press-in lemon crust (recipe

precedes)

1/2 cup cornstarch 1 1/2 quarts hulled strawberries, rinsed

and drained In the top of a double boiler over simmering water, melt butter with lemon peel, lemon juice, and cup sugar. Whisk in eggs until blended, then stir until mixture thickly coats a spoon, about 5 minutes. Set aside cup lemon curd. Spread remaining curd into crust; chill uncovered. In a blender or food processor, puree remaining sugar, cornstarch, and strawberries (a portion at a time, if needed) until smooth. Pour into a 2- to 3-quart pan. Stir over mediuin-high heat until boiling rapidly, 6 to 7 minutes. Place pan in a larger bowl of ice water. Stir often until thick enough to flow heavily when pan is tilted, 15 to 20 minutes. Spoon into crust. Drop 6 or 7 spoonfuls of reserved lemon curd, well apart, on strawberry filling. With tip of a chopstick or knife, draw lemon curd in swirls into strawberry mixture. Chill, uncovered, until set to touch, at least 3 hours. If made ahead, cover and chill until next day. To serve, push from rim and set on a platter. Serves 8 to 10. Per serving: 372cal.; 5.2g protein; 18g fat(IOg sat),- 50 g carbo.; 184 mg sodium; 126 mg chol

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 5:34AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sflinda

Ginger, thank you so much! I cannot tell you how happy youv'e made this family. I'm always amazed at the generosity of spirit of all that support this site. linda

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
LOOKING for: Christmas Tree coffee cake
DH here... My mother used to make a coffee cake for...
dawninva
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
Sponsored Products
Levolor´┐ŻAccordia Single Cell´┐ŻDesigner Colors: Room Darkening Perfect Arch Cellul
Blindsgalore
Pewter Pucker 18 x 18 Pillow
$69.60 | Bellacor
Quoizel Uptown Fulton 3-Light 20"W Silver Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Lanart Rugs Grace Stone 4 ft. 2 in. x 6 ft.
Home Depot
White Honeycomb Table Lamp Base
Cost Plus World Market
Bath Authority DreamLine QWall-2 Shower Backwalls Kit
Modern Bathroom
Air Collection Double Towel Bar - Polished Chrome
Signature Hardware
Antonello Italia | Ade Gray Oak Console Table - 42 In.
YLiving.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™