90% finished reveal

SlappifiedApril 15, 2013

Getting around to the last little bit is taking too long so I thought I'd go ahead and post what I have. I still have a little crown to put up, paint,, and some caulking. Thanks to everyone for the great information on this board. The only picture not shown is the wall with the pantry and I don't want to show it until I finish painting.

The pictures aren't great since I was using my phone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heidihausfrau

Wow! That looks so pretty! I was going to go with black appliances with my dark cabinets, but got nervous it would be too dark in my small kitchen. Now that I see how nice it looks, I am jealous! Everything looks so lovely together! Nice job.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:02PM
karen_belle

I love how the decorative stripe in your backsplash pulls the granite movement up onto the wall. Nice kitchen!

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:16PM
stacieann63

It's lovely! Your blacksplash looks great behind the range and hood. Congratulations.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 1:23PM
Holly- Kay

Beautiful! I was going to go with Jenn Air black floating glass but was afraid that a wall of black would drain the light from the room but your lovely kitchen proves that theory to be wrong! I love it! Wishing you many years enjoying your lovely kitchen.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 2:01PM
MNexlurker

Love the kitchen. You did a wonderful job. Enjoy many a meal.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 2:09PM
legallin

Very nice! Do you have "before" pictures so we can see the contrast? I had black appliances in my last house, and loved them!

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 7:45PM
a2gemini

You are teasing us - just showing a few pictures. I want to see more!
I remember being at this stage just under a year ago - and you have a backsplash!!
Congrats and looking for your final reveal.

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 7:47PM
scootermom

Mmm, very nice! Warm, calm, and beautiful. I love the backsplash! Good idea to keep the Easter baskets handy in case the chef needs a little chocolate boost now and then. :-)

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 11:04PM
mpagmom

It's beautiful! Look forward to seeing more. And everyone will want to know the details.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 8:55AM
rovo

Yes, details please! What is the countertop? The colors are lovely with your backsplash.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 9:23AM
Slappified

Thank you all for the comments. This project has been on the list a long time (more than 10 yrs) and its nice to finally be able to do it. We've remodeled everything in this house except for the framing.

I'll try to get more pictures (before and after) up soon.

As for details:

Cabinets: Kraftmaid - Cognac
Granite: New Venetian Gold
Floor: Travertine - Walnut
Appliances: Black - though the hood was stainless and I sanded and painted it with black epoxy paint.
LED under cabinet lights (Cheap ones from lowes)
Backsplash: Grafton Listello, 6"x6" sandlewood tumbled travertine, and Jinshan Pepin
Door Hardware: Amerock - Antique Silver
Light over sink: Kichler Bellamy Light - Antique Pewter

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 10:31AM
sanjuangirl

Lovely space, warm and inviting. Your backsplash detail really adds movement and goes beautifully with the other elements in your kitchen. Congratulations and looking forward to your next finished post!

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 10:51AM
Texasgal47

Slappified, love how your new space coordinates, as well as all the materials you chose. The cabinets, counter, and backsplash are all gorgeous. Well done!!! Can't wait to see more.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 1:24AM
njasmine1

Very nice, I always though new Venetian gold colors was a white, brown, and yellow but it seems you have black in your I like that.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 1:48AM
njasmine1

Very nice, I always though new Venetian gold colors was a white, brown, and yellow but it seems you have black in your I like that.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 1:51AM
njasmine1

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 1:52AM
deedles

Really pretty. Love to see the befores and more detail pics, too. Looks wonderful, though!

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 2:01AM
mpagmom

Also, we would love to see the floor. Great job!

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 5:58AM
taggie

Wow, those cabinets are beautiful! I really love the color and the depth of stain, it looks fantastic. I like the pulls you chose, what are they? Lovely warm kitchen, you did a great job! Congratulations.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:03AM
chiefy

Really beautiful! I love how your accent tiles bring in a little bit of movement and not necessarily new colors like mosaics do.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 12:11PM
Slappified

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. I'll try to get more pictures up (before and after) but just ignore there's a lot of missing paint.

Taggie:

The pulls are Amerock Extensity in Antique Silver. Three different sizes are used in the kitchen (3" on the small drawers, 5" on doors, and 7" on the large drawers).

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 12:56PM
Slappified

Here are some before pictures. The fridge was originally in the space where the armoire is but the dw wouldn't open. We lived without a dw for 8 years before we decided to just move the fridge to the corner which left a big hole in the counter. We had the armoire sitting in another room unused and it fit perfectly in the hole so it gave us a much needed pantry. Overall it was a terrible design.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 8:50PM
Slappified

Here are some additional pictures. I have two toddlers so I couldn't keep the toys out long enough to even take pictures.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
How To Buy a Faucet
Ive lurked and IÂve learned a lot from GardenWeb....
francesca_sf
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
Did they sell me a bad piece of soapstone?
Hello soapstone owners: I paid $1,400 (including installation)...
leavemeout
Week 40: Sacrificed? Unobtainable dreams? Which direction?
A lot of questions this morning! Other than your entire...
CEFreeman_GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™