Our 3-season room is almost done.

joyce_6333May 24, 2014

They just need to finish the ceiling (ran out of the long cedar boards), trim it all out, and install the screen door. So far I'm very impressed with the Eze Breeze windows. Now that the weather has finally warmed up, we're very anxious to start using it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redcurls

We built ours 18 years ago. Best money we ever spent! Enjoy!

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 12:03AM
Olychick

That looks like it will be a fabulous space! Post more pics as you get it completed and furnished.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 1:12AM
kswl2

It's beautiful! You will enjoy it a lot in your part of the country! Looking forward to the finished pictures. How do you plan to furnish it?

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 6:33AM
loribee

How fun!!!

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 6:41AM
gsciencechick

Love it! Wish we could do a space like this.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 8:11AM
gr8daygw

Gorgeous! You are going to love that room!

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 8:14AM
Annie Deighnaugh

That's great...you'll be in there before you know it...then you won't want to leave.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 8:22AM
violetwest

wow! envious and a tad embarrassed now about my dinky little screened porch. you will love it

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 10:35AM
joyce_6333

We are going to be gone most of the summer, so we probably won't do anything with furnishings this year. We'll just use our deck furniture, which isn't very old and is very nice. We are getting new living room furniture, and was wondering about using our current furniture out on the porch. A bit concerned about humidity. Any thoughts?

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 11:48AM
ILoveRed

Love it. May I ask the dimensions of the room?

What part of the country are you in?

Great job.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 12:48PM
joyce_6333

Thank you all for your kind comments, and for posting.

Red_lover, dimentions of the room are 22' X 16' and we are in Wisconsin. I think the vaulted ceiling and openness give the impression of a larger room.

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 1:27PM
scrappy25

Wow! Can I ask if you used regular glass for the fixed windows or the vinyl? (above the EzeBreeze).
thanks

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 5:13PM
scrappy25

Also, I am looking to do a very short knee wall ju t ike yours under the ezebreeze. Can you post how do did that? Are the posts clad 4x4's? thanks!

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 5:15PM
joyce_6333

Hi Scrappy .. we used the vinyl Eze Breeze windows. Actually, I didn't know they came in glass. We are very impressed with the quality and ease of use. They slide up and down effortlessly.

I don't know a thing about carpentry, but I posted a couple pictures on flickr.com. Hopefully that will give you the answer to your questions. We did not want to have a high knee wall. Wanted to preserve the view and the light as much as possible. If we had just gone with just screen, we would have had to do a 36' knee wall ... per code. But the Eze Breeze negated that requirement. So we had them do a little knee wall just enough for a couple outlets and those little LED stairway type lights.

Go to the link and choose 'Screen Room'. Let me know if you have any other questions. We're leaving Tuesday on vacation and won't be back until end of June.

Here is a link that might be useful: 3 season room

Bookmark   May 25, 2014 at 6:14PM
scrappy25

thank you Joyce! those pictures are really helpful. I am printing them out to show our potential contractors.

For the vinyl vs glass question, I was asking about the fixed trapezoid windows above the ezebreeze. Are those glass, or vinyl like the ezebreeze material ? Also did you get the clear or the tinted ezebreeze?

thanks
Nancy

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 11:05PM
joyce_6333

Nancy .. the trapezoids are vinyl too. Certainly could have been glass for that matter. And we got the clearest tint available, I don't remember if that was totally clear or a very light tint. The porch does limit the light we get in our great room, and didn't want to darken the room any more than necessary.

We are getting ready to head to the airport. I'll be anxious to read what your plans are when we get back. Good luck.

Joyce

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 6:19AM
scrappy25

thanks and have a great vacation/summer!

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 9:29AM
Boopadaboo

Gorgeous! You must be so excited. :)

Bookmark   May 27, 2014 at 10:20AM
scrappy25

hi Joyce! Hope you are still monitoring this thread. This picture shows the Ezebreeze mounted from the outside. Did you do any other trim to hide the metal flange or did you leave it alone since it blends in with the white trim?

thanks!
Nancy

Bookmark   December 18, 2014 at 10:09AM
More Discussions
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
$14 Million with room air conditioners
But a spectacular view of Central Park. It would probably...
suero
where to buy a high quality leather recliner
We need to replace our queen ann, high leg recliner....
Lynn Owens
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™