LOOKING for: Fast & easy for firepit entertaining

ziggy123September 12, 2012

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get a few ideas for some delicious finger foods that I can serve around an outdoor firepit. It's very casual - I guess really just some snacks I can bring out ( just happen to have). I just hate to bring out the can of nuts and plate of crackers and cheese....although I do love cheese.....! Thanks thanks thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dspen

Good Topic, I would love to have some of those ideas also...

I know this is not finger food, however, my husband purchased a cast iron pot that he puts over with fire with a tri pod and puts in fixens for chili. Everyone loves that. Sitting around the fire with a bowl of chili that we all watched cook and everyone gets in on the stiring action. We also have done sliders on a grate over the fire, and boiled dinner in the pot. We get guests from several doors down with the smells.

I also make a huge batch of popcorn with butter, garlic and parmesean cheese. Huge hit. I do that inside on my stove top!

I will be watching for more posts

Diane

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

anything on a stick...hot dogs, brat bits, fruit, meat balls chicken strips...big shrimp, chunks of cat fish...veggie kabobs. Just make bowls of stuff in a marinade and pass long handled sticks...or forks....no plates necessary.

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
recipe: iso very simple yellow squash gratin
I am looking for a recipe that I can use for a squash...
jennieboyer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™