Mls Listing..what is it?

carlymaeJune 11, 2009

I see a few listings in the st. joseph, mo. area that have a different format than the others. For instance most have 5 digits like 94972 but here and there are ones like 1613898. What can be determined from this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
creek_side

Some of the real estate agencies have their own codes in their ads, even for houses that aren't their own listings. This forces potential buyers to contact the agency that ran the ad rather than going to someone else with the MLS number in hand. Their will also be an MLS number for the property, unless it is exclusive to that agency. Even then it may have an MLS number.

That may be what you are seeing.

Bookmark   June 12, 2009 at 6:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda117117

Most agencies can't put their own office numbers on listings in the MLS. What you are seeing online is being fed from the MLS directly. What you are probably seeing is listings from two different MLS's. In my area, there are four MLS's (Four counties all within 1/2 hour of each other) because of this, each county has their own MLS. Some agents choose to enter the listing in more than one MLS system, depending on the location of the home. This is why you will see different formats and sometimes the same listing with two different numbers.

Bookmark   July 11, 2009 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
How soon is "too soon" to select a realtor?
Not planning to sell until about this time next year....
lori_inthenw_gw
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
Negative connotation of listing "As is"?
I'll try to put our situation as simply as possible: We...
pinkpaula
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
Should we buy a home that was unoccupied for 6 years?
There is a cup-de-sac where a builder built 5 homes,...
coffeemama1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™