Quilts for victims of CO wildfires

flwrs_n_coJuly 8, 2012

You've probably heard about the recent fires in Colorado which have consumed hundreds of homes and caused tens of thousands of people to evacuate. Today in the Denver Post, there was an article about a quilting store in Ft. Collins (the High Park fire devastated the area nearby); the owner is making quilts for the victims of that fire (257 homes were destroyed). She was asking for 12 1/2 inch squares, but has received all sorts of donations including full quilt tops. Anyway, I immediately thought of this forum (I've been a lurker for quite a while). If you have any scraps you could send, it would certainly be appreciated by these devastated families. I'm collecting fabric from quilters in my neighborhood and sending fabric I have from projects I never started/completed (sadly, my talents do not include sewing).

Thank you.

Here's a link to the Sewing Circle: http://www.the-sewingcircle.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Denver Post article

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
polardreams

Thanks for posting this! I live in Fort Collins and our local paper did not even run this information - but that's nothing new. I am already finishing 2 quilts for the fire victims, but really appreciate any people that want to help the victims in our area.

Sue

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 4:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flwrs_n_co

Sue, I'm so happy to pass on the information! I'm down in Littleton, but between my mom and I we know about a dozen ladies we're telling about this. I'll be packaging up our donations by the end of the week and sending them to the Sewing Circle. My heart goes out to all those families, and I'm happy to have found a way to help!

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
Are you quilting this weekend? March 20-22
I hope to spend a lot of time in my sewing room this...
lindaoh_gw
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Need advice for quilting a thin top that I've had for 25 years
i was gifted a quilt kit when I was 13 or 14; it's...
alix4015
Kandu Coat?
I'm contemplating starting one, but the directions...
michigoose
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™