Faucet reach for Blanco 1 1/2 bowl sink

bedeliaApril 27, 2013

I just read the recent message about location of faucet. I purchased the Blanco siligranit 1 1/2 bowl sink that will be top mounted onto laminate. The faucet hole is lined up with the divider.

I see faucets with enough reach for the small basin, but a 10" reach sounds like it would not reach very far into the large left basin. I feel like whatever I'm washing would be jammed into the corner just so the water would reach it.

Someone mentioned the angle of the faucet - would that take care of it?

I'm looking for either a pull out or pull down faucet. Wondering if anyone has this sink and what faucet they have. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
a2gemini

I have the low divide Silgranit - you don't want the faucet to be able to rotate past the small sink and land on the counter top.
it looks like the smaller bowl is 9 inches - so draw a radius with your 10 inch faucet reach and you should be just inside the perimeter - Don't worry about it landing directly over the bigger sink hole - some say yes but I am in the camp that it is better to land slightly in front of the hole and allow the water to wash things into the hole (and generally less splash - splash happens when the flow hits uneven surfaces)

Your spray head(either pull out or pull down) will take care of the rest.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 1:47PM
bedelia

Thanks for your response. I did the 10" radius thing and it looks like it should work.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 7:22PM
a2gemini

Great! I used a coat hanger shaped like my faucet and a cardboard sink to figure out my radius. Then with sink in place, I checked one more time.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 8:49PM
SparklingWater

Kudos to you both for checking these faucet sink issues. It's helpful and encouraging to us who are still pre-purchase. Thanks.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Silestone suede cemento for kitchen counters ?
I am considering this dark grey "cemento"...
jeannette10
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
Do I need an architect?
I have posted before about wanting to remodel my awful...
msmagoo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™