What's for dinner Friday?

patti43May 17, 2013

Tonight we're having baked tilapia with tartar sauce (CountrySunshine's recipe), parsley red potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

Been a quiet day around here. Did some laundry and made menus for the next three weeks. Trying to get Harry's Coumadin back within range.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Slept late!

Ventured over to Jubilee Joe's

Crawfish are in!!

Had fried crawfish claws plate with awesome cajun crab bisque, and their special cole slaw.

I'm full!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 5:11PM
Georgysmom

Played golf today. We had a late T-time so didn't stay for lunch. I think I'm going to have catfish for dinner tonight. Not exactly sure what else. I was too tired after golf to go grocery shopping. I have some hash browns in the freezer. Think I'll use them plus a salad. that's it.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 5:12PM
pam_25f

I think we will have pizza later tonight. Getting ready to go out for a couple of drinks. Patti, re Coumadin levels', one of my sister's doctors told her to be consistent with what she eats. Thus she always drinks cranberry juice, does not have orange for a day or two and switch. Yet with my sister whose levels I monitor, her INR can change with no reason. She has been doing weekly labs for months.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 5:24PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

bbq country style ribs, fresh corn on the cob, and sliced fresh tomatoes with some sliced Vidalia onions sprinkled with some pomegranate vinegar and a little grated Parmesan, I had to post a picture of those beautiful onions today on the picture thread. They are huge! We have been looking forward to the Vidalias.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 5:30PM
gadgets

I was hungry for fish so made salmon, potato, and lima beans.

Patti, good for you to make menus for so far in advance. I just can't seem to make myself do one for even a week at a time. I may have a general idea but don't commit to it.

Shirley

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 5:56PM
mary3444

Rain again today. Hubby had tilapia with brown rice. I had minute steak with french fries. Got a lot of things done in the house today, should be a easy weekend-I hope.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 6:03PM
patti43

Glenda, I'm green with envy. What a great meal. I'd be happy with the crab bisque--but the crawfish and slaw just make it even better. I think if I was you, I'd go back tomorrow for seconds. :-)

Georgysmom, I bought a bag of hash browns and now I can't for the life of me remember what for. Looks like a lot of us are having a seafood night.

Pam, have fun and enjoy the pizza!! Sounds like a good TGIF to me. Keeping Harry's INR steady is getting hard for me. Harry was doing so well for a long time and suddenly it went up to 3.1. They want his between 2.0 and 2.5. I found a good list of foods high and low in Vitamin K. It does say to avoid cranberries, BTW. Don't know why, except that it interferes with the Coumadin. I've been making menus and keeping track of everything he eats. They suggested it, but I want to e-mail it to them to see what I'm doing wrong/right. Bless you for helping your sister.

Raven, that sounds like the perfect summer meal. Valdalia onions are my favorite. And they are really big this year. I chopped one this afternoon and it made two cups full.

Shirley, I think we've all been hungry for seafood today. As far as the menus go, I make them by the week, but they aren't set in stone. What I have down for Monday I may not want so I switch days around. Makes it a little easier and really helps make the grocery list.

Oh gosh, Mary. I think you'd better start building an ark! Glad you got things done at home so you can rest up over the weekend.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 6:30PM
Nita__AZ

Tonight we had Hamburg Helper, then we went to Kimbal Farms for dessert.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 8:57PM
patti43

That looks so danged good--did you share three ways? Hope it was a cool day so it didn't melt before you could finish it. That chocolate ice cream looks just wonderful!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 9:20PM
Nita__AZ

Nope, didn't share and I ate the whole thing. Luckily it was cold enough outside that it didn't melt fast. I did make a comment to Timm that we were lucky it wasn't a hot day. He ate all of his too.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 9:51PM
More Discussions
What did you do, during the recent cold and snow?
I shoveled, I baked, I baked and I recovered chair...
OklaMoni
Let's start a Chain Reaction Game! Get some activity going here.
We played this one before so it should be familiar...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
House of Cards
We really enjoy this show and were glad to have the...
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
Today is "Dr Seuss Day!"
A genius! You loved him, your kids loved him, now your...
Amazing Aunt Audrey
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™