Colour suggestions for a spare room/office?

SilverlillyMay 2, 2012

I'm stumped here. The rest of our house is blues and yellows (BM palladian blue, BM vellum and a lighter shade of that, and BM butter cream in the hallways which is more beigy) - lots of blues and yellows but I wanted something other than beige everywhere. But I'm stumped for this one room...it's a north room with one east window. Never been painted in 105 years! It had an eerie feeling when we first moved in - so we need to make it feel "happier" and renewed...any ideas? I thought of BM Revere Pewter because it looks cozy, but I worry it will be dull...not stuck on BM - it's just that I have their decks at home.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sable_ca

How about something in the very soft terra-cotta/peach family? My3dogs painted a guest room in this range of color and it radiates coziness and cheerfulness. Our kitchen also faces north with an east window. We painted it what I thought of as soft terra-cotta, but I think it would be called a very pale peach. It has just enough yellow-orange to take it out of the pink family and is not at all obtrusive. It looks good with greens, yellows, creams, browns, aqua/teal, even lavender/purple. A versatile color as long as you stay away from red.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 12:14AM
Annie Deighnaugh

I painted a lot of my house in BM wilmington tan and powell buff and always get compliments on the colors I selected. GF painted her family room in BM caramel corn with off white trim and it looks fab.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 7:28AM
My3dogs

Sable ca, Thank-you! I do love that guest room done in BM Ansonia Peach. Depending on the time of day, the color takes on very different looks. Those are east windows that Jenny is looking out of. The hall that the room is off is painted BM Wythe Blue, and seeing the two colors in one glance is wonderful.

Bookmark   May 3, 2012 at 8:13AM
More Discussions
Improvement With A Few $'s
My plain pony wall bugged me. I finally tackled it...
mustangs81
Need Help Choosing Area Rug for Living Room
I think I need a rug in here to anchor everything together....
mary44
sectional sofa help
hi cross posting this from furniture b/c I really could...
lmgch
WWYD re: tile in bathroom/mudroom
So my DH thought that before we put all our baseboards...
akl_vdb
Photoshop Help with my exterior remodel!
Help! I want to remodel the exterior of my house. I...
fst96se
Sponsored Products
50 Embossed Motif Cards/Plain Envelopes
$45.00 | Horchow
Satin Silver White Shade Apothecary Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Hammary Primo 3 Piece Coffee Table Set
Beyond Stores
Sklo | Open Vessel Vase
YLiving.com
Classic Home Furniture - Florecia 31" Rope Chandelier In Iron -...
Great Furniture Deal
nuLOOM Handmade Pino Yarrow Floral Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Furniture of America Dorchester Fabric Loveseat - Light Gray - IDF-5066-LV
Hayneedle
Outdoor Parkdale Rug in Sunbrella Blue/Off-White White Wicker - 5' x 8'
$599.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™