RECIPE: recipe help needed please

marricgardensAugust 14, 2009

We were at a French restaurant the other night and DH had the baked brie with caramelized onions. I've never had brie before, does it have a crust? The one he had was only about 1 1/2" across. It didn't appear to have a crust. It was topped with a sauce, I think some kind of red wine sauce and then the onions. I tasted the sauce and it definitely tasted like wine. Any ideas how to make the sauce? I went and promised him I'd try to make it. HELP!!! Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Brie has a white rind-like coating. Did it have a puff pastry crust? The recipe below uses white wine but red could be used. Was it sweet? It could have had fruit or jam in the sauce as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baked Brie w/caramelized onions

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 1:06AM
marricgardens

Hi. There was no crust on it. When they brought it, they brought out a large plate with the small brie on it. There was a sauce and the caramelized onions on it. The sauce tasted more to wine than any sweet jam. No, it wasn't really sweet. Can you eat the rind? This wheel of brie was just about 1-2" across. Come to think of it, the sauce was a little thick, reduction perhaps? Anyway, DH loved it. Marg

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 9:13AM
ginger_st_thomas

You can eat the rind but some remove the rind on the top depending on the recipe.

Bookmark   August 15, 2009 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™