RECIPE: Linda C - Spinach Quiche

benflowerAugust 24, 2010

Linda,

I saw an old posting with your spinach quiche recipe. It looks so good. I was thinking about adding proscuitto (sp) and maybe red or green bell pepper to the recipe. Should I saute this with the onion and garlic? And do you think this would be adding too many ingredients to the recipe? Also, is this for a 9" deep dish or regular crust, and do you do anything to keep the crust from getting soggy, or does it work well with a raw crust?

Thanks for your help. I am planning to make this for a friend's birthday next week. I appreciate your response.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I never thought about using proscuitto....bet it would be a nice addition, But I don't think I would like peppers in that, mushrooms maybe but I don't think peppers woulda dd much.
I just bake it in a raw crust, I heat the oven to 425 put the filled pie in the oven, leave it at 425 for maybe 8 to 10 minutes then turn down to 350....without opening the oven door.
I just use a regular glass pyrex 9 inch pie pan....it's very will....and will be fuller if you add more "stuff" to the recipe....so you have to be careful not to spill when putting into the oven.
Linda c

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 10:25AM
More Discussions
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
RECIPE: Christmas Cookies
Think we are late getting this one started this year...
roselin32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™