LOOKING for: marinated artichokes recipe

cateyanneAugust 14, 2013

a friend of mine who owns a restaurant ordered jarred artichokes and got a shipment of marinated artichoke hearts instead. She doesn't need them and so was giving them away to friends and family. I love them so took a case of very large jars off her hands. There is too many to just eat willy nilly. I was wondering if there would be a recipe that would utilize these marinated artichokes and get them out of my pantry quickly. Maybe some kind of soup or other dish that could be frozen for consumption later in the winter?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal

I just copied this because I have some to use up also.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/08/garlic-artichoke-dip/

Garlic Artichoke Dip

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great), softened
1 c. mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip or fat free mayonnaise - low fat ok)
1 c. (packed) shredded Parmesan cheese
(try to get a wedge and grate it yourself; the pre-shredded stuff in a bag doesnâÂÂt melt well)
12-oz. jar MARINATED artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
6-7 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat oven to 350 F..

Mix softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and Parmesan. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and
minced garlic. Place in 9-inch pie plate (or divided evenly among smaller dishes) and bake 25-30 min.
or until lightly browned and bubbly on top. Serve hot with slices of bread and/or tortilla chips.

Bookmark   August 14, 2013 at 9:11PM
cateyanne

Thanks Iris gal,
that does sound good. do you know if it could be made ahead of time and frozen, to bake at a later time?

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 2:54PM
shambo

I used this recipe from Jkom for my daughter's baby shower. It's so easy, and so good. My daughter really liked it and wanted the recipe. When you mix the ingredients together, it doesn't look as though they would firm up to make something you could cut. But it really comes out perfectly. Very tasty!

ARTICHOKE NIBBLES

2 jars (about 6 oz. each) marinated artichoke hearts
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
4 large eggs
1/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon each pepper, dried oregano, and liquid hot pepper seasoning
1 cup (about 4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced parsley

Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a small frying pan. Drain remaining jar; reserve marinade for other uses. Chop all artichokes; set aside. Over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in pan, stirring often, until onion is soft when pressed, about 5 minutes.

In a bowl, beat eggs to blend. Stir in crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, hot pepper seasoning, cheese, parsley, artichokes, and onion mixture. Pour into a greased 7- by 11-inch baking pan.

Bake in a 325 degree oven until custard feels set when lightly touched, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, then cut into 1-inch squares. Serve warm or at room temperature; or cover and refrigerate to serve cold.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 10:34PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™