Any plans for Mothers Day?

terilynMay 9, 2013

Supposed to rain here this weekend, probably will have the kids over and grill something. Anyone else have plans?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_sue

No plans here on Mother's Day, but will celebrate several birthdays and Mother's Day the Sunday following. We will have a Mother Daughter banquet the night before Mother's Day and since we did the decorating for it will have to stay and gather up all the decorations, so will be too tired for fixing a meal for everyone on Mother's Day.

Sue

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 5:22PM
schoolhouse_gw

No plans for Sunday, but as Marilyn Sue just mentioned we are going to the "All Daughter's Banquet" tonight at the church. Used to be called The Mother Daughter Banquet but they wanted to include everyone this year who is or was a daughter.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 5:54PM
ellendi

Dinner out at one of my favorite Italian restaurants.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 6:16PM
marilyn_sue

We can invite any women we wish to our banquet. Just try to let them know so they will know how much food to have fixed.

Sue

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 6:39PM
pianolady2008

Taking my 97 year old mother to Cracker Barrel !! That's her favorite restaurant !!!!! : )

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 7:23PM
bengardening

Think of us who will be working. I am a mother and will be working from 6;30 until about 2;30 cooking for all of the people who want to go out to eat. I don't know yet what we will be doing afterwards. We have a 3 m3at buffet with salad bar and dessert for 9.95. In a town of about 700 and we get really busy.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 8:20PM
colleenoz

DH has asked me to cook lunch for his mother "because if we go to a restaurant the food will be mass produced and expensive". It seems to have escaped his notice that I am a mother too :-(

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 12:05AM
sheilajoyce_gw

Our two local kids are coming down with their families. My older son turns 37 on Mother's Day, so we are taking him out to dinner at a fancy restaurant he has requested. He and his wife are cooking a brunch for us and his sister's family as his gift to me. I love it when he cooks, something he took up after he left home. Then our daughter will head home so that she will have the kids and SIL in bed at a decent hour before work and school the next day.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 1:30AM
ntt_hou

Forecast predicts that the rain will stop early sunday morning. I hope so. I'll be delivering some flowers to my mom. Then, my siblings and I are taking several mothers, including ours, to lunch.

Pianolady2008, wow, your mom is 97, how wonderful! I like Cracker Barrel too. I love the fact that breakfast is served all day.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 5:11AM
marilyn_c

No plans for Sunday, but going to Winnie to the flea market on Saturday with Tanya, my friend who is a squirrel rehabber.

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 10:29AM
rob333

We went out for brunch last weekend, knowing the crowds would be crazy. We'll do something additional on Sunday. I'm going to buy her the typical orchid corsage. Wish it wasn't white. Sure miss GranMrs (mom's mother).

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 10:32AM
jude31

Colleen. that is priceless and so true, I'm sure, although DH's mother is gone, after living 1 month shy of 100. We're getting together with DD# at the home of DD#2, after church.

jude

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
Let's get to know each other March 1, 2015
Its been a really long time since we did this and I...
JoAnn_Fla
TPMS vehicle tire system
TPMS, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, where one is...
lucillle
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
It opens today!!!! The reviews were wonderful, on...
Jasdip
Watch it free
since some of you haven't seen The Best Exotic Marigold...
JoAnn_Fla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™