What's for dinner Monday?

patti43May 14, 2012

We were going to have chicken marsala, but it's to hot so we're having chicken salad instead.

What are you having tonight?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
glenda_al

Potluck luncheon today! 15 of us with lots of variations of salads.

I was the only one with a meat dish: kalua pork, which I added, today, local Full Moon's bbq sauce and carried the remainder of AK cole slaw.

Mac and cheese dish made with cottage cheese and sour cream, pretty good.

Butter beans, were so yummy, with basil and chicken broth
Deviled eggs
Shrimp salad, etc, etc, etc.

3 different desserts, chocolate bars, blueberry cake, and a pink lemonade cake with cream cheese frosting

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 5:26PM
gadgets

My meal consisted of leftovers: quinoa with ground turkey gravy on it, creamed corn, and a Grands biscuit.

Shirley

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 6:04PM
schoolhouse_gw

My brother and I helped my Mom and stepdad spread 3 yards of mulch around their flower beds and borders this morning plus edging and weeding before that. My stepdad bought us all subs from Subway for lunch! Mom had made macaroni salad and had bought an angelfood cake for dessert.

I ate the other half of my sub for supper tonight. It was my stepdad's favorite - cheese steak sub deluxe.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 6:40PM
pam_25f

Hot turkey sandwiches and left over dressing. Very good. I am going to start writing down all the meals you gals mention that I have never seen or heard of. And I am going to take a vacation and stay near Glenda so I can follow her around to all these restaurants!

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 6:54PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

A roasted chicken dish with sliced red potatoes and sweet onion chicken breast smothered in roasted garlic parmesan sauce sprinkled with grated cheese

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:04PM
jasdip

Just finished Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic! Made it a couple of weeks ago, and it was crying my name again.

Rhubarb pie out cooling as well.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 7:29PM
patti43

That's should've been TOO hot!!

I love potlucks, Glenda. And you gals put on a really good one. I like the sound of the mac and cheese.

Schoolhouse, you were probably starving after all that hard work!

I'm with you Pam--love to hear about Glenda's restaurants.

Raven--wow, you made two different dishes? You must have spent the day in the kitchen!

I just have to try that chicken, Jasdip. Just don't want the oven on these days.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:04PM
azzalea

After getting up at 6AM for the 'big move' to the country house--then coming back to the 'old' place to start cleaning... no energy for cooking. And no fridge--that's at the new place. We'll be eating a lot of take-out, fast-food, and restaurant fare for the next 2 weeks.

Tonight, it was Arby's--I had a coupon for bogo roast beef and cheddar. We had those and potato cakes

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:09PM
jasdip

Patti, I don't blame you! I bought a countertop roaster at a yard sale recently and keep saying I need to try it. It was still comfortable tonite, so I used my big oven. Plus I had the pie.

I plan on using it when it gets real hot.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:12PM
bengardening

Yesterday after work my boss sent 2 filet mignons and 3 bacon wrapped filet mignons home with me. They were thawed out and she didnt want them to spoil. We had the 2 last night with baked potatoes and the 3 tonight with just toast. They were so good. You can tell I don't have good cuts of beef very often. I had typed them and then I thought the spelling wasn't right so I had to check on that first, but I was right

;

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:15PM
gazania_gw

Made "pan" chili for DH and added a plate of fresh veggies on the side and also cottage cheese. My stomach has been feeling "off" all day and not up to chili so just ate some of the cottage cheese. I don't even think my tummy is up for a piece of the absolutely to die for Key Lime Cake that my daughter made for me. A from scratch cake with Key Lime Curd between the 3 layers and cream cheese frosting. Yep, to die for...and I just might take my chances. LOL

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:31PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

No it is all 1 dish cooked together in the oven very easy to make

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 8:43PM
lindaohnowga

My hubby is the cook and he made Pizza Burgers for us. Yummmm. He made extra and we called our neighbor over to get some to take for her lunches at work this week. She loved them the last time we shared with her.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 11:30PM
nicole__

Chicken tostodas, smothered in green chile sauce topped with lettuce and sour cream. Then peach cobbler with whipped cream for dessert.

Bookmark   May 14, 2012 at 11:40PM
More Discussions
Done With Stupid Tax
I posted a couple of times about paying "Stupid...
vicsgirl
What is your favorite kcups for Keurig
Bought a Keurig the beginning of this month. LOVE LOVE...
nodakgal
Site of the Day Feb 27
Hyper Real - what you are looking at are NOT photographs!...
caseynfld
Has anyone here had EYELEA injections for macular degeneration?
I have been getting Eyelea injections for several months...
redcurlsfl
What colour do you see?
I see both. When I opened I saw white and gold. I scrolled...
Cookie8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™