QOTD Super Slider
I think that's what it's called.
Have you used one and did it work well for you?
I told Bobby I'd let him know how it worked out for me, so here's my take on it.
Since there were mant variables involved I can only say for this one time, but it appears it allowed too much slip for the bobbin thread and stitches were missing on the underside. As I mentioned in another post it worked better on my muslin test sandwich. When I used it on the actual quilt the backing was kind of crisp (an online batik) so there were problems.
After adjusting the tension, cleaning and oiling the machine and changing the needle their was still a little bit of a problem. The following day I took off the slider and it improved so much that only quilter error causes any problems now.
It may be good for some times or on some machines, but not on my baby lock Jane.