LOOKING for: apple bars made w/spice cake mix, cheddar cheese

aeigerAugust 31, 2008

Hi all, years ago I used to make a bar cookie made from Jiffy Spice Cake mix, Apple pie filling and either cheddar or American cheese. I never bothered to write it down because it was always on the side of the box. Of course, Jiffy no longer makes this mix. It called for some of the mix for the botton layer, then a layer of cheese, then the apple pie filling and then crumb topping with the rest of the mix. If anyone has this recipe or an adaptation please share it with me. Thanks in advance. /Abi

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

I don't know if this will help, but there is a similar recipe in my Jiffy recipe book that I got from the company.

Fruit Magic

Grease an 8-inch square pan. Set oven to 450.

Mix together 1 Jiffy white or Golden Yellow cake mix with margarine and (opt.) 1/2 cup chopped nuts.

Spread one can (15 3/4 oz.) of your favorite pie filling in the bottom of the greased pan. Sprinkle cake mixture over top of pie filling. Bake 45 to 60 minutes.

If you patted half of the cake/margarine mixture in the bottom of the baking pan, then spread on some grated cheddar cheese, then the pie filling, then the rest of the crumbly cake mixture, would this be what you made in the past?

You would need to know how much by weight the Jiffy cake mixes are and then sub that amount of another cake mix, right? Looks like their boxed cake mix is 9 oz. It would be better for you to weigh out the spice cake mix from another brand to be the most accurate.

Hope this helps!
Teresa

Bookmark   August 31, 2008 at 2:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

Somehow left out the 1/4 cup soft margarine listing.

Bookmark   August 31, 2008 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
recipe: iso very simple yellow squash gratin
I am looking for a recipe that I can use for a squash...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™