LOOKING for: Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Dressing

sally_growerAugust 27, 2008

I love Panera's Asian Chicken Salad, and would love to find the recipe for their dressing. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks in advance.

Sally

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

Found this at Kitchenlink:

Panera Bread Asian Sesame Dressing

Originally Posted by: Steven Zanvil Sawolkin, Iowa 4-10-2005

I see you have requested the recipe for the salad dressing on the Panera Bread Company's Sesame Chicken Salad. Luckily, they published it in their book, The Panera Bread Cookbook by Peter Reinhart. It follows:

Panera Bread Asian Sesame Dressing

1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients except canola oil in a medium mixing bowl with a wire whisk. Once ingredients are combined, slowly pour in the oil while whisking to form an emulsion.

Makes 1 1/4 cups
Source: The Panera Bread Cookbook by Peter Reinhart

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 5:18PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I love the dressing too but that doesn't seem like the right recipe. I had the salad about 2 weeks ago and thought the dressing was pale colored and not dark. I think that recipe would make a dark dressing.
But it sounds good though and I could very well be wrong.
I have read that the recipes in the Panera bread cookbook are not what is served at the restaurant.

Bookmark   August 27, 2008 at 5:53PM
yorkiemommi

Can't find a correct recipe for this dressing but did find that they now sell it at Target.

Bookmark   June 13, 2010 at 8:14PM
sally_grower

Thank You so much for posting this information. I hope the Targets in my area have it, are you in the Midwest, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in Central IL and sometimes we don't get the neat things the bigger cities get.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Sally

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 5:58PM
n_erhardt_csuohio_edu

I am eating Panera's Asian Salad right now and it sure tastes like there is ginger in the dressing. Does anyone agree?

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 4:41PM
kimiddltn_yahoo_com

Hi, I tried this recipe and it is not the same. This dressing is dark and does not taste like the Panera dressing at all.

Bookmark   May 30, 2011 at 11:42AM
webmistress1168_yahoo_com

I actually found the dressing on sale at my local Target --imagine my surprise. The Target here is carrying produce and the dressing was in the produce section. How happy am I!!!

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 2:38PM
chloe1992_msn_com

What was the dressing called??

Bookmark   August 4, 2011 at 11:54AM
love_the_yard

see link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Panera Bread Now Selling Asian Sesame Dressing in Bottles

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 5:45PM
kelleyrn

Im sure its such an easy recipe why are we having so much trouble finding it?...The recipe above is not even close to the dressing at Panera!

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 10:08PM
annova914

I'd sure be interested in finding a copycat recipe because I noticed high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients - that can't be good for us, right? Dressings with sesame oil, rice vinegar, & fresh ginger are always so refreshing. I'm going to do some hunting around - if I find something, I'll try it before posting.

Bookmark   November 4, 2012 at 3:25PM
westsider40

Per the Panera Bread Cookbook, which I borrowed from my local library today, it's 3/4 cup canola or vegetable oil, not 1/4 cup. Ginger St. John's posted recipe is otherwise correct,

Peter Reinhart wrote the forward but the cookbook was written by the Panera Bread team.

I make a cobbled version which has essentially the same ingredients, except I add about 1/2 cup water which lightens the dressing. It's still quite good, but not so heavy and calorie laden.

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 11:09PM
blizlady

I haven't tried the bottled dressing yet from Target, but we order that salad a lot at my place of work when we have lunches brought in from Paneras. There definitely isn't soy sauce it in, and it is somewhat thin, so there can't be a lot of oil. The bottled dressing starts out with water, so I am sure that is why it is so light.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 8:40PM
gr8daygw

Trader Joe's has an amazing bottled dressing that is so good people were nuts about it for a salad swap we had last summer. It was Asian peanut something. It seems to me that these recipes have some sugar in them though the Panera recipe doesn't list any.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 5:56PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: simple cabbage preparation
I'm looking for one or more simple ways to prepare...
melissa_thefarm
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™