Please share your T&T filling I have my own pie crust recipe thanks in advance
I fill the pie crust with sliced peaches, then I mix some flour and sugar and put it on top, sprinkle with a whiff of cinnamon and perhaps a few drops of vanilla extract, pop on the top crust and bake at 425 for 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 350 and give it another 25 to 35 minutes.
The amount of flour and sugar depends on how ripe, juicy and sweet the peaches are...as a rule of thumb for nicely ripe peaches, I use 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour mixed together for a 9 inch pie...I don't like a really sweet pie.
Eileen I'm sure you've made your peach pie by now but as I just saw your post I'll add the recipe for the mixture I use:
Nothing like peaches from your own tree made into a warm pie !
PEACH PIE - (can be fresh or tinned)
1 cup sugar (200 grams)
4 TBS flour
4 cups sliced peaches
1 TBS lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C)
2) Peel and slice peaches into a mixing bowl.
In another small bowl combine sugar and flour and pour them over peaches. Toss well to coat.
3) Line pieplate with pastry and pile coated peach slices into pieplate. Sprinkle with lemon juice
4) Roll out top crust and put on pie, flute edges, brush crust with the milk and sprinkle with sugar.
5) Bake 10 minutes at 425F (218C) then lower heat to 350F (177C) for 35 - 40 minutes or until crust is golden.
Be sure and have a drip-catching pan at the lower level of your oven in case the fruit juices bubble over.
Thanks i actually did but wasnt pleased with the results...a friend shared her "secret recipe" But im up for another try of find a great recipe Thanks to you both!