RECIPE: oatmeal?

livvyandbellaAugust 6, 2010

The last couple of times I have been out and ordered oatmeal for breakfast, it was done perfect. What are they doing to make it so good? They have a huge pot of it. Do they cook it up in a crockpot? How does one make it in a crockpot? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookebook

It seems like there used to be a recipe floating around here for making oatmeal in the crockpot overnight so that it was ready in the morning. I couldn't find it so evidently I didn't save it. Hopefully someone else did and will come to the rescue.

Bookmark   August 6, 2010 at 10:48PM
oilpainter

I don't make oatmeal in a crockpot and I don't make the best oatmeal my son does. He uses the stove and stone ground 3 minute oats. He adds a pinch of cinnamon to the water and fruit usually peeled cut up apples, but he has used raspberries or blueberries. and then adds the oatmeal and cooks it with the fruit. Most times he will top it with more fruit.

Bookmark   August 7, 2010 at 4:38PM
pink_warm_mama_1

One of the secrets to cooking oatmeal at home is to cook it very slowly, and stir often.

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 9:53AM
JoAnn_Fla

I tried it in the crock pot, I didn't like it at all.
I found one for you to look at, she has revised it so maybe its better.

Here is a link that might be useful: overnight oatmeal

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 2:39PM
svenetos

Crockpot Oatmeal

Ingredients

* 2 C. milk
* 1/4 C. brown sugar
* 1 Tbs. melted butter
* 1/2 Tbs. cinnamon
* 1 C. oats

Directions

Grease the pot before adding the ingredients. Add all ingredients. Set your crockpot to low before bed and it will be ready when you wake up. Be sure not to sleep in!

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipe4Living Crockpot Oatmeal

Bookmark   August 10, 2010 at 3:26PM
lindac

The secret to good oatmeal is Irish steel cut oats.
Linda C

Bookmark   August 13, 2010 at 1:44PM
Olychick

I used to make oatmeal every day and eat it at my desk. I buy old fashioned oats (Martha Stewart's recipe calls for lightly toasting them in a dry fry pan first - gives a nutty flavor), I put them in a glass dish (that you can later cover- after it's cooked) and add boiling water, maybe just a bit drier than equal portions. I do that first thing in the morning, and just let it set for a while - until I get to work and am ready for my breakfast break. When I want to eat it, I put in microwave for about 2 minutes. Sometimes I put frozen blueberries or a cut up apple with some cinnamon in it first. If the dish is too small it will boil over and make a huge mess. This method cooks it perfectly every time, it's not gluey, yet it's tender. No stirring, no pot to clean.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 5:42PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™