recipe: looking for help!

linda117117August 30, 2010

Hi all, my sister in law is turning 50 in a few weeks. For her birthday, she doesnt want any gifts, but instead wants everyone to come together for a party, each person making 1 international dish. (other than italian). The problem is, she is allergic to dairy and yeast! Does anyone have a special dish they make for their family that is native to your country and has ingriedients that are easily purchased in the states? It can be an appetizer (preferred for me, because I love picking food! LOL), main dish or dessert, it just can't have dairy or yeast! THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oilpainter

POTATO PANCAKES (German)
3 eggs
3 medium potatoes (grated)
1 medium onion (finely grated)
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Vegetable oil for frying
Sour cream garnish

I grate the potatoes in my kitchen machine with the grater attachment. Then I whirl the onion separately with 1 of the eggs with the blade until you can't see any pieces of onion. Then I add the potatoes back in the mixer bowl.

Beat the eggs well and add to the potatoes and onions. Stir and add add flour, salt, pepper and juice.

Heat oil in the pan. These are cooked in a hot pan or griddle like regular pancakes and cooked in small or large pancakes--small would be good for your party. Makes about 12 big or 24 small pancakes

If made ahead you can reheat them in a single layer in a microwave or in the oven. Top with sour cream after heating

One of my favorites--enjoy

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 5:05PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Oven Canned Tomatoes
Since 1974 I've used this recipe to process/can my...
CrazyHorse2
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™