RECIPE: Chipotle Chicken

gemini40August 13, 2007

Do any of you have a "Not Your Average Joes "restaurant nearby? I love their salad with chipotle chicken and the chipotle ranch dressing is the best.I would love to make it myself,but do not know how . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

June

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fearlessem

Hi June --

Not to make this too simple, but have you tried taking your favorite ranch dressing and adding some minced chipotles plus some of the adobo sauce they come canned in? Can't imagine it needs to be much more complicated than that...

Emily

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 10:18AM
gemini40

Hi Emily, thanks for responding.I did go to the store and purchase a can of chipotle peppers in adobo. I figured this was going to be the answer to my dilema. Well I opened the can, tried just a wee little taste of the sauce and it was waaaaaayyyy to hot for me. Then I took a pepper out, cut a little strip, removed the seeds and the same thing extremely hot.Now the question is when they do the chicken it does not have a wet sauce on it..it is a dry seasoning.The color is that dark red,but the chicken is not so hot you cannot eat it. The dressing used for the salad is not hot at all.

june

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 1:44PM
fearlessem

Huh. In terms of a dry seasoning, it is possible to special order chipotle pepper powder, but it would certainly be spicy... In terms of the dressing, you might try mixing just some drops of the adobo sauce in with your favorite ranch dressing... While the adobo might be hot placed right on your tounge, I would imagine that a little mixed in with ranch would lose most of its heat (not to mention that the creaminess of the ranch would cut any heat)... As for how to get chipotle taste on the chicken without heat, that I'm afraid I can't help with!

Emily

Bookmark   August 13, 2007 at 2:40PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™