RECIPE: Free software for recipes

big_al_41August 15, 2008

Free software for recipes...is there such a thing?? I run a Vista X64 machine, can't seem to find good software for storing recipes.

Any Ideas? I know I sound cheap but at this point in time that's about it for me. We ( my wife & I ) have about 5000 or so recipes on an older program called meal master ..however they don't have a program that will run on a much new computer.

Thanks any help or suggestions are welcomed.

Bigal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisbet

I have an old "Master Cook 5" on my machine (which I bought), but the method I find most convenient is to store recipes in my "Documents" - under different catagories (cakes,desserts, breads, etc.) When I get a few recipes I transfer them onto Compact Disks (blanks are really cheap; get mine at Wallmart) and mark each disk with one catagory. A whole lot of material will go on just one of these disk.

When purchasing disks, make sure to buy the type that will work in your particular computer. There are different types available, so check the label on the CD pack very carfully. Once I get the recipe onto a CD, I delete it from the Document Program.

When there is a recipe that I want to use, I print it off and file it in a kitchen drawer for future use. I believe that this method gives the computer more memory space.

Bookmark   August 16, 2008 at 7:43AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
LOOKING for: mamma mia's (west allis wi) homemade garlic bread
Hello All, and Happy New Year!!! My wife and I grew...
azstoneconsulting
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Christmas Cookies
Think we are late getting this one started this year...
roselin32
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™