LOTTO 2014 - July
Welcome to the July LOTTO!
Happy Canada Day on July 1st!
Happy Independence Day on July 4th!
The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!
July - MID YEAR - This month we'll do Dewey's Victory block in deep red/maroon, medium or dark blue, and cream (NOT white). More cool, classic colors to get us through the hot days of summer. Please, no white and no light blues or pinks.
Link to Dewey's Victory block
Here's our inspiration picture for this month to help guide your color selection. If your blocks would look good with this image, then they'll look good with everyone's blocks.
And here are some completed blocks. Note: these all have the outer star in red and the inner pinwheel in blue but you can reverse that if you want and do a blue star with a red pinwheel.
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.
Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.