RECIPE: broccoli salad?

scarlett2001July 22, 2008

Just came back from Soup Plantation- had a really nice salad w/broccoli, raisins, bacon bits and what-all. would love to find their recipe.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla35

I think the below link may be what you are looking for. I make a salad really similar from Allrecipes called "Alyson's Broccoli Salad". The name of your salad is "Joan's Broccoli Madness".

Here is a link that might be useful: Joan's Broccoli Madness

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 11:26PM
pat_t

Here's mine:

BROCCOLI RAISIN SALAD

1 large broccoli head, washed and drained
1 cup red onion chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins (can regular raisins)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 lb. bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2 Tblsp. red wine vinegar
3/4 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 light mayo and 1/2 light sour cream
1/2 cup sugar

In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets, onions, raisins, pecans and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, the vinegar, mayonnaise and sugar. Mix well and pour over broccoli mixture. Toss gently and refrigerate, covered, overnight. Toss gently the next day when ready to serve.

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 8:12AM
carla35

You know, now that I read pat's recipe, I remember I do usually add cheese to my salad too. I don't think it was in the recipe you had, but it really does add something extra; so give it a try. I also prefer the red wine vinegar. I have added different types of nuts too for variations... sliced almonds are one of my favorites.

Bookmark   July 23, 2008 at 11:18AM
Chung21

Blanch your broccoli florets and broken stalks absolutely bound in baking absolute baptize for 60 seconds, pass4sure 70-293 just continued abundant to abate the broccoli but still leave it with a bit of a bite. Drain it in a colander, pass4sure 70-653 again advance it about a apple-pie tea anhydrate to beef dry (this is important because it will advice the bathrobe adhere to the broccoli). Once absolutely dry, alteration to a confined dish. Add the broken tomatoes and chopped chives to your broccoli and bacon bits. pass4sure 70-632 Dress it all absolutely well, and analysis the seasoning. If it needs pimping up, add a burst added vinegar. If you�ve got any chive flowers, baptize those over the top and serve beeline away. pass4sure 9A0-088 It�s admirable on its own or served next to any broiled or broiled meat or fish.

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 6:25AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
RECIPE: Sauce for Meat
Years ago my Grandmother use to do a lot of canning....
darrah
RECIPE: Canning Recipe procedure
This may sound dumb but how tight should the lid on...
KenWade
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™