Attn: Williamsem! Cork question

deedlesApril 23, 2013

Hey there. I see you are going with US Floors for your cork. I want to ask where you saw it or did you send for samples or what? I've searched their website and can't find a place to order samples. How do you think it compares to the Globus samples?

Dying to see your floor go in!

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

Hi Deedles!

I couldn't figure out how to get samples either, though I did not call them. I used their site to find a local dealer and went to visit the display. It was one of those member only places, but lucky for me my contractor was on file. They would have let me take their board home for a day, but I couldn't bring it back on time and I had already done a ton of research so I just went for it.

The finish layer felt a little different than Globus, but I think they would both be fine. The USF doesn't require a poly coat to finish, but I want one to seal the seams anyway. Globus does require a coat, and I think once coated would be just as durable. I had a hard time scratching the Globus sample deep enough to reach the cork, and I think anything just in the wear layer would disappear if recoated.

I honestly picked by color, I liked them both. They are also both prebuttered, which is what I originally spec'd since I thought I was ordering Globus. My other option was AmCork, loved the Night sample, but consensus was it would be too dark with the dark cabinets. AmCork isn't prebuttered, so I'm glad I didn't have to see how much more the labor would have been!

I'm so excited, it should be ready for pick up in about a week! With USF you have to buy from an authorized dealer to have a warranty, but the price was not much more than online and a little less than Globus.

I have to open up the cartons when they arrive to let them acclimate, will post pics when it's here.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 11:08PM
More Discussions
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
WHITE cabinets with WHITE Bertazzoni range??
In the planning stages of a major kitchen reno. I've...
enzaenza
Please recommend pulls for DW and trash pullout
I'm looking for long handled pulls for both the trash...
laughablemoments
Need Help... My 36" range hood not centered over 30" range opening
It's off center by 5/8" to 3/4". Is this...
magistrajones
Sponsored Products
'Wine Aerobics' Slate Cheese Server
$25.99 | zulily
Angel Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$984.00 | Lumens
Spring Air Back Supporter Plush Mattress and Box A & E Spring Set Multicolor - C
$752.99 | Hayneedle
Audubon Familiar Birds Bird Book - RH394748395
$15.99 | Hayneedle
18-Bottle Wire Wine Rack
$74.00 | FRONTGATE
European Reclaimed Glass Balon Cloche
$219.00 | FRONTGATE
Ashbury Dual Bath Light
Signature Hardware
AICO Furniture - Cortina Wood Trim Camelback Sofa - 65815-ANGLD-28
Great Furniture Deal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™