QOTD for July 5th

vicky4x4July 5, 2011

Do you ave any special fabric sizes you just have to have every time you go to the store?

I love fat quarters! Yep, if I don't buy anything else I have to get at least 1 fat quarter!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

I usually get at least a yard, if I really like it, I'll get 3 yards.

beverly

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 11:30AM
K8Orlando

My quilting buddy gets 1 yard or 3 yards, just like Beverly. I tend to shop fat quarters, even if I don't "need" any, unless I'm looking for something specific for a quilt I'm planning. I rarely buy more than a fat quarter on impulse.

Kate

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 11:56AM
magothyrivergirl

I am not an impulse shopper, I actually hate to shop! But I love fabrics.....I had a lady tell me last year in a quilt shop I had visited out of town to buy 1.5 yards as a minimum if you just had to have the fabric- that way you can always use it as a border.
In my LQS, I always check the little baskets of remnants - they are usually 12" or less. I have gotten some really nice fabrics in a variety to use for the lottos & Birthday blocks.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 11:58AM
barbara_l

If I really like the fabric and may have a use for it, I go for 1 1/2 yards. If the FQ is something that would be neat down the road, such as holiday fabric, and I really like it - I get what ever it happend to come in, FQ, yardage, remant, etc.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 2:14PM
toolgranny

I never get fat quarters because I seldom use that little. But I get anywhere from 1 to 3 yds of something that I must have. If there are only a couple of yards left on the bolt, I will buy it all figuring I can use it for borders or backing.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 3:27PM
nanajayne

I love my fat qt.. They work well with scrappy quilts. If I have a specific project then I buy in quanity--usually a bit more so have left overs for my stash. If I fine a "great" bargin I will buy more depending on the pattern. Sometimes I have regrets that I didn't get more and then go hunting.lol.

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 7:23PM
polardreams

I love collecting fat quarters ... however, if I find fabric I really love I usually end up buying 2-3 yeards even if I don't have a specific project because you just never know ...
Sue

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 8:59PM
K8Orlando

I can clearly see from the comments here that I am not buying enough fabric! I pledge to fix that and start purchasing some yardage as soon as possible!

Kate

Bookmark   July 5, 2011 at 9:54PM
lafonda_ranch

Because I mostly hand applique, I am a fat quarter addict!

Robbi

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 9:11AM
More Discussions
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Are you quilting this weekend? March 6-8
I hope to find time to work on some small wall hangings...
lindaoh_gw
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™