Lunch with friend who's a quilter

gininmnJuly 27, 2011

Today I'm getting together for lunch with a fairly new friend who is a quilter. I met her and she was my "angel" the night my dear husband drowned last fall on the lake she lives on. She gave me one of her beautiful quilts to cuddle in during that horrible, long night as the Rescue Squad searched for him and afterwards as she kept me at her house overnight after they found his body. About a month ago she entered a quilt in the Minnesota Quilt Show and I'm anxious to hear how it went for her.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magothyrivergirl

Oh Gininmn~I am so sorry about the tragic loss of your husband. We live on the water, and have experienced the loss of a very dear friend thru drowning here a few years ago.
She is indeed your Angel, and I am happy she was there for you to provide whatever comfort she could. It is nice you are able to form a friendship and share quilting, as you two are forever connected. Enjoy your lunch, and share how she did in the Quilt show with us.
Thank you for sharing your loss with us - I know it is a very difficult time for you. I hope quilting is helping you get thru this sad time. I don't know what else to say, except I'm glad you found your Angel ~ and she turned out to be a Quilter!
Hugs to you both!

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 11:02AM
msmeow

Ginn, enjoy your lunch with your dear angel friend.

Donna

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 12:02PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Gin, You indeed have a forever connection with your angel friend. Enjoy your lunch.....laughter and crying is good and helpful on your journey.

We would like to hear about her quilt and the quilt show.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 12:54PM
lola99

Gin, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad this quilter was able to be there for you and offer comfort.

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 1:05PM
buteau3rd

Gin, I am so happy that your angel found you when you really needed her.
Have a wonderful lunch with your angel. Stay in touch.
Marge

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 2:13PM
toolgranny

Quilting angels are everywhere it seems and I'm so glad one found you just when you needed her. I hope this develops in to a life long connection and maybe the day will come when you can pass on the love.

We were so lucky we got to meet him at retreat last year. He was a wonderful partner for you and I'm sure he's watching over you even now.

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 3:29PM
fran1523

Ginny, Everyone needs an angel friend and one who is a quilter is even better. I hope you form a strong friendship to share your good and bad times with.

Bookmark   July 27, 2011 at 3:50PM
gininmn

I had a great lunch with Fay yesterday. Happily, she got a third prize on her quilt at the 2011 Minnesota Quilt Show. It was called Spinning Girl Friend and although double size, the show personnel put it in the Small Pieced category, which they evidently have the discretion to do. Judges commented on her great color usage and were complementary about how well the quilting enhanced the quilt (she had it quilted so they both entered it). I was so pleased for her; it was the first quilt she's entered in a competition.

Thank you for all your supportive comments. Your kind words and friendship with you mean a lot to me. Figuring out my life without DH has not been easy.

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 8:30AM
sunnycentralfl

Friendships are so important! May The healing that took place at lunch bring comfort to both of you.
Gwen

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 8:49AM
msmeow

Congratulations to your friend, Ginn! That's great to win a prize on the first entry.

Donna

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 9:31AM
rosajoe_gw

Congrats to your friend, I wish we could see pics of the quilt.
My sister lost her husband suddenly at 42 and it was such a shock. My friend's husband just passed after 8 long years of illness, almost the entire last year he was not aware of anything. We were discussing if it is better to know and at least have the chance to say goodbye rather than the shock. But we all agreed there is no easy way.
What a wonderful heart warming story about your angel.
Blessings to you and yours.
Rosa

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 3:57PM
K8Orlando

Gin, I haven't been on for a couple days and missed your first post. I am so sorry to hear your sad news and can only begin to imagine what a hard time this has been for you. I am devastated just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing the story of your quilt angel with us and congrats to her on her first successful quilt show.

Kate

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 4:25PM
gininmn

I wish I would have thought to ask her to bring a picture of her quilt to lunch. I know she showed it to me the night we met but I can't specifically remember much about it other than it was beautiful. As were her other quilts she showed me. When I next talk to her, I'll ask if she will share a picture.

Bookmark   July 30, 2011 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
Heart Blocks
These blocks are made up of 3 1/2" squares of...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
damascusannie
Would you mind sharing your links for the old Singer...
csackett
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Sponsored Products
Polished Chrome and Gold One-Light Adjustable Drop Pendant
$207.10 | Bellacor
Katonti 3 Piece Outdoor Patio Dining Set in Brown White
$599.00 | LexMod
46" Portable Thermoplastic Coated Square Picnic Table
Fifthroom.com
2-Pc. Acacia Service Plates
$27.99 | Dot & Bo
Underlayments: FloorWarm Warming Mats 2 ft. x 9 ft. Under Tile Heat Mat for
$9.94 | Home Depot