Bernina 150

spinartJuly 16, 2011

Trying to finish a quilt and am having problems with machine quilting it. Started out fine. Using my walking foot. I am getting uneven stitches. Seems like every once in a while, the bobbin thread is not catching the top thread. I have rethreaded both the top thread and bobbin, changed the thread, cleaned the machine, changed the needle and nothing has resolved the problem. I can take the machine into the quilt shop, but of course, I am trying to finish the quilt in the next two weeks and am afraid I will lose too much time!

I'm not experienced enough to diagnose the issue. Any help on what is causing the problem and if it is an easy fix I can do at home. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnycentralFL

can't seem to find your address on the page, so will answer here:
I'm also having tension problems on my old Viking Rose. It did help to change to a Topstitch needle and set tension to 7 for freemotion quilting...then someone suggested to use monofilament thread...which I have avoided. They said mono has changed now and is soft and pliable. Old habits die hard, so am dragging my feet on trying this. Best of luck to you...let us know of your results.....Sunny

Bookmark   July 16, 2011 at 10:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spinart

Thanks, Sunny. ended up taking the machine to my quilt shop. Probably needs a full service and timing adjustment. It's been longer than I remember having a tune up so I did leave it. However, I asked if they had a "loaner" that I could use while mine was in the shop. They graciously are letting me use a classroom machine and have been quilting since!

May have to try the monafilament thread for quilting. I am currently quilting a t-shirt quilt with white thread and am stumped how to quilt the t-shirt pieces, especially the dark color ones, without taking away from the t -shirt designs. After all, this quilt us all about the t-shirts. (and am not too confident about my quilting abilities!!)

Bookmark   July 17, 2011 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™