RECIPE: goop

grams33July 17, 2007

Sometime ago there was a post on here asking for recipes for chocolate syrup/sauce/ice cream topping and some one sent a recipe of her Grandma's that was called Grandma's Goop. It had marshmallows and a can of hershey's syrup for two of the ingredients. It was delish and I can't find the recipe. My Grandson's were here and said it is the best they have eaten. Please can anyone help me find this recipe? I have no idea who gave it, but it was about a year ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whynotmi

New to this forum but I have a sauce I make for s'more sundaes that might be close. The amounts are approximate since I do it by feel most of the time.

6-8 large chocolate bars (not the huge ones)
1 to 1.5 C Milk
Marshmallows

On low heat carefully melt chocolate in sauce pan

On med-low heat slowly add milk stirring constantly until the texture is smooth and slightly runnier than you'd use for chocolate sauce.

Add chopped (or torn up) marshmallows 3 or 4 at a time stirring until melted and incorporated into chocolate.

After about 4 additions of marshmallows use a cold plate test (plop some of the sauce on a plate you've chilled in the fridge) to check thickness of sauce. (Careful not to scorch the sauce that's on the burner while you're testing.)

Continue adding marshamallows 2 or 3 at a time and testing after each addition until you reach the desired consistancy.

I serve it on vanilla or chocolate ice cream topped with crushed graham crackers. It's also really good on strawberry ice cream.

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 8:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bobbiw2

Oh, I hope that someone still has this recipe because I would love to make this for the grandkids for our homemade ice cream. I think that it will finish off the experience just perfectly.
I spent a long while using the search function to try and locate the recipe. I tried all of the terms that I could think of to search for, all with no luck.
If anyone still has this recipe, will you please share it with us?
Thank you so much!
Bobbi

Bookmark   July 24, 2007 at 10:12AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Looking for: Date Nut Bread Recipe
I've tried a few recipes and have often been disappointed....
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
LOOKING for: Easy Everyday Cooking Recipe Cards
Hi, I am looking for anyone that might have the "Easy...
LadyDianah
RECIPE: Green Tomato Cake
This was really good! Green Tomato Cake 199 reviews...
iris_gal
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
RECIPE: Corn chowder recipe
I recently had this and it was delicious. The only...
flowergirl70ks
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™