LOOKING for: Name of Espresso Drink

nrginsJuly 12, 2009

I'm trying to determine the name used for this espresso drink. It's where you take espresso, pour it over ice, and (optionally) just add a little half and half.

At first I thought it was an "iced americano." But then I saw that recipes for that call for adding chilled water. This drink is not diluted that much (should be drunk before the ice melts).

I also thought it might be an "iced breve." But that requires a lot more half and half (in this one, half and half is optional, and it's only a small amount).

Anyone know what it's called when it's basically just espresso poured over ice? "Iced espresso"? :-)

Thx.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cosmopolita

But are you interested in the recipe or only in the name of drink? Because I am italian but I don't know the name used out of Italy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Croce & Delizia

Bookmark   July 14, 2009 at 11:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessicavanderhoff

Espresso and half and half is my favorite drink, but I can't imagine why you'd add the half and half after pouring it over ice. The ice would melt a ton and you'd get a watery drink-- the half and half cools down the espresso, and then you scoop the ice in or pour it over ice.

But if you want that, and you're wondering how to order it, I'd just order an iced espresso shot (or double, or whatever) and add the half and half from the milk bar.

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
recipe: iso very simple yellow squash gratin
I am looking for a recipe that I can use for a squash...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: Looking for a few ideas
My husband and I are invited to a neighborhood party...
dspen
recipe: iso - shelf stable recipe for peache - not jam
Hi all, I have a lot of frozen peaches that I put up...
jennieboyer
RECIPE: anise liquid ..?
In making biscochitos, I find the anise seed is not...
vieja_gw
RECIPE: Quick Red Thai Curry Noodle Soup
Ingredients: 1tbsp oil 300g mixed stir-fry vegetables...
thermon1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™