Love It or List It
Does anyone else watch this show? I'm in a love/hate relationship with it. I used to like Hillary and dislike David, but now Hillary is beginning to wear on me, and I think David is actually very clever. But the plot's are pretty formulaic.
1) Objectives and budgets set out
2) David shows homes couple doesn't like t
3) Couple blames David personally for non-existence of perfect homes.
4) Hillary starts in basement, discovers house is about to fall down.
5a) Couple blows up at Hillary because she promised to rebuild house, re-do kitchen and add two bedrooms and a full bath with budget of $1.75, and now can't because said house is falling down and she needs to rebuild all plumbing/wiring; OR
5b) Hillary promised to add 5th bedroom and now can't because couple's house not zoned for it (because no contractor would check codes before setting foundation, would they?)
6) David at long last finds house couple love, for only $250,000 over their budget, which never causes a problem for couple
7) Hillary shows finished house, which in some cases means she cleaned out slobs' clutter, repainted and added a colorful afghan on couch, to couple's oohs and aahs.
8) Couple makes decision, which invariably is - suprise! - opposit of their "overheard" conversation as they decide
Do I have that about right? Why do I like this show so much when half of me finds it irritating.
This post was edited by hayden2 on Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 14:59